cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Upload a Video to my Ebay Listing

I have tried many times, and I'm sick of it. 

I have had this problem in the past, and again today. I try to upload a video to my Ebay listing. It simply won't work. At first, it will get stuck at 52% upload and sit there forever.

I try again, and I will get a blue check mark, which I would ASSUME (why do I have to assume), that the upload was successful, but no, it means nothing of the kind and apparently is stuck again.  I wait for 20 minutes and when I click on "revise listing" it tells me the video is still uploading.

So I had to upload the video to Youtube, and include a link in the description, which is not desirable.  I'm sure there are many interesting bidders who don't like clicking on outside links.

Granted, I have a very slow DSL internet connection, but it uploads to Youtube just fine, and I have been able to upload videos to Ebay before, but once again, today it's just not working.

FIX THIS please. This has happened in the past, and I cant believe I"m still having this problem.

ebay issue.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can't Upload a Video to my Ebay Listing

I had this happen a few weeks ago, and also used YouTube as my fallback. I assume its a glitch of some sort, because YouTube loaded fine and my previous (recent) videos to ebay were fine as well. 

You might want to try posting this to the tech Board, and ask them to look into it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the reply, at least I know it's not just me.   as a quick update, I tried revising the posting, and once again tried uploading the video, only this time, I walked away, mowed the lawn, and came back an hour or so later. Still showing the blue checkmark, and sure enough, when I click "revise", it says video is still uploading.

useless. ugh. I didn't know there is a tech board,  I'll see if I can find it, but then again, I'm getting more digruntled with this.

My internet speed is the slowest available (about  5 Mb/s download.)  what I might do, is go to my local library and try uploading the video there, which has crazy-fast internet. It should not make a difference  as to whether the video successfully uploads or not, but I have a feeling it would upload ok with a fast upload speed (that's where I uploaded Ebay videos that last time it worked)

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It could be the device you are using. I couldn't load my camera video but I could load my phone video. The low internet speed as you mentioned might really be the problem.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

thanks. yes, next time I post an item for sale on Ebay, I will try other devices if need be. I'll probably try with my phone now to see if that changes anything. You would think the upload speed wouldn't make a difference as to whether the upload is successful or not, just a lot slower of a process, but I didn't design the website so who knows lol.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for posting this. Had the same blue checkmark tonight. I use my phone's hotspot. Tried again and walked around the house waving the phone to catch a better signal. Presto! Took less than a minute.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The video is a hit or miss situation for me. More often a miss. If I can't get it to work after 5-10 minutes, I list without the video. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Friends, I made a new listing on the eBay web version from my Apple phone and tried to upload a video and it froze at %1. I contacted customer service and they said they will check it and get back to you. However, even the video I uploaded before is not loading. Can my friends who solved this problem please give me some information.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply