cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't List my PS5 for sale? Says I've reached a limit?

Hi all,

I am trying to list a PS5 for auction and I am getting this error message whenever I try to list it. This is my one and only ps5 despite it claiming I have tried to list one before? Not sure what is going on can someone help me out?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Can't List my PS5 for sale? Says I've reached a limit?

I imagine that not having sold anything in the recent past you are not meeting eBay performance standards.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

"New sellers have a 10 item selling limit with a total value of $500 per month. This means that, during the month, you can sell no more than 10 items for a total of $500. This is the standard limit for all new eBay sellers."

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I sold things a few months ago.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I am not new, I have a $3000 limit as well.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Good luck;

I Hope things work well for you.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@maxine*j wrote:

What am I missing?  I see that you have one listed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-5-Console-Disc-Version-SHIPS-ASAP/164524472541?hash=item26...

With $111 shipping 😯

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

1.) with a '19' by your name, you are a new seller

2.) you have a $1200 listing- probably all you get 

3.) You are selling something you don't even have and are not an authorized re-seller

4.) You are selling for higher $ than others (just click your own listing and it will show your competitors with their price)

5.) know that if it sells, ebay will probably hold your $ for 21-30 days (high priced and 30 days to cover MBG)

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@ghaly123 wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to list a PS5 for auction and I am getting this error message whenever I try to list it. This is my one and only ps5 despite it claiming I have tried to list one before? Not sure what is going on can someone help me out?

@ghaly123   I see you have one listed already and if your "lucky buyer" is located in NY the shipping will be $131.

I am not sure of the dimensions of the box so I am hoping that the high shipping price is due to a dimensional weight surcharge.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-5-Console-Disc-Version-SHIPS-ASAP/164524472541?hash=item26...

I have seen other posts of members not allowed to post PS5 for sale.  

Keep in mind that a NO RETURNS policy does not mean NO REFUNDS

If the buyer gets your game counsel they can return it within 30 days of date of delivery by SAYING it's not as described.  AND for 180 days from date of purchase on PayPal.

Your return policy is for buyers remorse returns only, doesn't fit, changed mind etc.

So don't be surprised when the market price drops when Sony produces more of these and your buyer decides to try to get their money back.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Okay, well to everyone who's responded. I just neede to call ebay because PS5 is considered a hot item and needed to verify my account. Not sure where the animosity is coming from, but I appreciate the help otherwise. 

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

@ghaly123 wrote:

Okay, well to everyone who's responded. I just neede to call ebay because PS5 is considered a hot item and needed to verify my account. Not sure where the animosity is coming from, but I appreciate the help otherwise. 

Just be prepared for returns when they start selling in stores and buyers find out they can get them for a fraction of the price you sellers are charging.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Just a warning:

Folks purchasing on ebay have a buyers guarantee:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy... 

With PayPal they have a lot more time to file claims and then their is the credit card...

If they desire you will refund the purchaser. Hot item is right also a great item to get scammed on.

If you can not afford to lose the item and money do not list it on ebay.

You might also read:

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Can you send me the phone number you used to contact them, because I am having the same problem trying to sell my ps5 and cannot find a number to contact them

Message 15 of 20
latest reply