cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what this item is?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what this item is, what it might belong to, or what it is used for?

It's a slightly pearly gray plastic, with a chrome convex stationary "button" molded into the top, and a little long metal zipper-pull-looking-thingy stuck out the side that also doesn't move. Only markings are on back that state "CHINA KO".

Photobucket
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Can anyone tell me what this item is?

Hard to say because you don't mention its size.

Possibly a keyless access system FOB.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Oh! Duh! lol I'm sorry, I guess measurements would help! it's approximately 3.25" long and 1.25" wide, and the little metal zipper-pull-looking-thingy on the side is 3/4" long.

What is a "Keyless Access System FOB"? 

Thank you for your help! 

Photobucket
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Hi, @ariesangel  You will have better luck getting answers about your "thingy" Smiley Wink if you ask on one of the "Category" boards which are located under the "Discussion" icon.  This board is dedicated to questions about posting on the eBay Community.

Pick a category that you think most closely associates itself with your object...perhaps Toys and Hobbies or Electronics ~ I really have no clue, but your chances for an answer will be greatly increased on one of the other boards.  Good luck!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Hidy-hoo,

But, but, I have NO IDEA what this thing is or what it could be associated with!?

I've been on eBay for many years, and there USED TO BE a "What is this" forum/discussion board many moons ago, but I couldn't find it anymore, everything has changed since I've been on these message boards last! 

Photobucket
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Ok, I asked over in Toys & Hobbies to start with! Hopefulyy someone there can give me answers....thank you for the suggestion! 🙂 

Photobucket
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Lol great example of a plus for image recognition AI coming soon vs keyword selection.  Good luck on finding your answer.  Does it look like it may contain any electronic components inside?

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Clear pictures would help.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Actually, this thread started on the Community Platform Feedback board and the mods finally got around to moving it to Selling.  Took 'em more than a week!

The OP's images load so slowly that I can't even see what the item might be. An inch or so of grey background doesn't tell me a thing!

However, evidently the Selling board is now the default "identify this" board with the possible except of PGP items.  The category boards and most of the groups have been pretty much abandoned.

~~C~~ 

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

No, not that I can tell. It's quite thin too....about 1/2 CM thick....

I'm just baffled. Nobody in my house has ever seen it before, however, my Husband was both a computer and wood-working tool fanatic (He passed away five years ago), but I didn't find this in the garage or with his tools, or with all his computer stuff....I found it stuck in-between the couch cushions while vacuuming, so it had to of found it's way there recently (I vacuume the entire couch real good about once a month), AND we've had no visitors in the past month either, so it's not like it could of fell out of someone's pocket.  It's possible one of my dogs found it somewhere and brought it up there.

I haven't received any answers to this in the Toys & Hobbies board, so next I should try the tools board, just in case.   

Also, I apologize for placing this question here first (some seem offended?) As I've explained, I've been here on eBay since around '98 and years ago, there USED TO BE a "What is this" - type discussion thread, but I haven't been on these boards in many years and now I cannot find it. 

Photobucket
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I think it's a key fob. If you haven't found anything in the house that you couldn't unlock since your husband's passing, then I'd throw it away. I don't think it's something you could successfully sell. 

You could ask people who have been over and sat on that couch in the last few months if they lost a key fob. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

There's no reason to apologise for posting here, the responders here can be very helpful in identifying items sometimes. Some of the other discussion boards don't get as much traffic.

I can't tell you what this item is, but I just asked a colleague who spent several years working in China what the words "China Ko" might mean. The best explanation is "China Export" meaning that it was exported from China. Which probably isn't news to you at all, but I thought it might have been a clue.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I agree with lace, and think it's fun to try and figure out what an object might be. And it beats all the 'sales are sooo slow' postings.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Does the metal button 'click'?

Almost looks like something that goes on a zipper pull, although the angle seems to be off for that.

Hey, where'd you get that?!  That's a piece from my, erm, Spider-man's web-shooter!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply