cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone tell me what is really going on with eBay?

Why so many bad changes??  I can't find stores?  can't search my store?  Sales down 45%?  What is really going on here?  Anyone know?

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, they're making money. They're trying to shift over to a platform that more resembles their competition. They're simply copying bigger and better business models. They're even testing a "prime" type system overseas. We'll see how that works out...

The garage sale days are over and auctions, once a thrill, are now passe. Ebay is a business and will continue to follow what brings in the revenue. Some big long-time companies have had to throw in the towel but ebay isn't close to that yet. Not while they're still making bank.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Figuratively, they are burning it down to rebuild anew.
Message 2 of 66
latest reply

Thanks, so it is like Rome and they are fiddeling. 

Message 3 of 66
latest reply

@packers.1 wrote:

Why so many bad changes??  I can't find stores?  can't search my store?  Sales down 45%?  What is really going on here?  Anyone know?

It wasn't broke, so might as well fix it 😄

Message 4 of 66
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you find out please let me know because I'm crashing and burning TOO. Sales down 50% in July with NO reason that I can see. eBay stocks are taking a nose dive too. Something is really WRONG and the people at the top just don't seem to care about us little guys anymore. Sad.
Message 5 of 66
latest reply

Considering I just found a promo in my mailbox an hour ago for clothing sales for like $5, with a seller's address located in CA but when you click on it further you discover they are located in China .... I have no idea what's going on   upside_down

Message 6 of 66
latest reply

Same here. Down about 30% over all and 50% just this last week. I've never seen it this bad ever.

I even added a bunch of new items last week.... sales just keep going down.

Right now I have more inventory than I've ever had in the 18 or so years selling here. This is getting scary!

Message 7 of 66
latest reply

I am telling you all that you can put your stuff on sale yourself.  I put ON SALE or SALE in the title line and discount the product myself.  It is working not like great balls of fire, but working.  If you want you can say in the discription when the sale ends, mine says all sales end on Sunday.  

Message 8 of 66
latest reply

It is nationwide, sales are soft, the people are scared and holding their money

Message 9 of 66
latest reply

Could be the glitchy stuff that has been happening since around Mid June when all the new updated stuff started to be programmed in. If sellers are having problems finding their own items then buyers may be having problems navigating as well. Could be that Ebay needs to adveritse and promote the brand more to compete with all the massive competition. You have to spend money to make more money and stay ahead of the game. Could be a slow time during the year for specific types of items. 

Message 10 of 66
latest reply

Means they have a gigantic warehouse in California - many are subsidized too.
Message 11 of 66
latest reply

Yes, the markdown manager is great!--just afraid that it might glitch right now.  I read a few posts where some folks are having trouble with it but not sure yet why?

Message 12 of 66
latest reply

I wish I had the answer, I've been trying to find out for over a year now.  However, I have just been told in another thread that it's because I'm in the used item catagory and that 80% of the sales on eBay are now new items.

Are there any sellers here that sell new items and are finding the same loss of sales?

I'm just interested in finding out, because last year the general feeling was that the used item sellers were being pushed out.

Message 13 of 66
latest reply

@nessas_nook wrote:

I wish I had the answer, I've been trying to find out for over a year now.  However, I have just been told in another thread that it's because I'm in the used item catagory and that 80% of the sales on eBay are now new items.

Are there any sellers here that sell new items and are finding the same loss of sales?

I'm just interested in finding out, because last year the general feeling was that the used item sellers were being pushed out.

I sell mostly new items and my sales have been plummeting over the last 3 years.

I do better during the Christmas holiday, I'm guessing because I sell new items, but even then my sales are not what they use to be during that time.

Message 14 of 66
latest reply

Sorry to hear that your sales have been falling. I was trying to narrow down the field and get to some answers. 😕
Message 15 of 66
latest reply