cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell my complete ebay store

I've been a seller on ebay for 20 yrs and would like to sale my complete store with inventory. Is it allowed and could the buyer keep my ebay name? I have close to 1,500 listing and 35,000 feedbacks. If so, it would be so much easier for someone to just keep all the original listings and start selling right away...Carol (junklady1)

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

No, sorry.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/selling-ebay-account?id=4134

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

@junklady1 

Unfortunatley, you cannot sell you account.

Here is what it says on eBay's selling you account policy:

Your eBay account has value when you develop a strong feedback rating and satisfy your customers. Feedback is intended to reflect a seller’s performance, so we don’t allow accounts to be transferred or sold.

Attempting to sell an eBay account may result in buying and selling restrictions as well as account suspension or removal.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea 

When I went to reply to this post, your reply wasn't there. After I replied, there was your reply. If your post would have been there when I first opened this post, I would not have replied. You answered it already. Maybe another eBay glitch? I had another post where my reply was posted twice, the exact same one. LOL!

Sorry about this!

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

@japan-treazures wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea 

When I went to reply to this post, your reply wasn't there. After I replied, there was your reply. If your post would have been there when I first opened this post, I would not have replied. You answered it already. Maybe another eBay glitch? I had another post where my reply was posted twice, the exact same one.

Sorry about this!

Yes a glitch, post counters lagging, posts delayed, links going to the wrong places, many more.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

@japan-treazures wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea 

When I went to reply to this post, your reply wasn't there. After I replied, there was your reply. If your post would have been there when I first opened this post, I would not have replied. You answered it already. Maybe another eBay glitch? I had another post where my reply was posted twice, the exact same one. LOL!

Sorry about this!

No need to apologize, I do it all the time lol  It's not a big deal, heck the more the merrier when it comes to properly answering a question! 😊

I have a habit of starting to reply to a post, then I will get sidetracked. I come back ten minutes later, finish the post and find myself sniped by three or four people.  I pass it off as being a slow typist, but in reality I have the attention span of a three year old! 😆

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@junklady1 wrote:

I've been a seller on ebay for 20 yrs and would like to sale my complete store with inventory. Is it allowed and could the buyer keep my ebay name? I have close to 1,500 listing and 35,000 feedbacks. If so, it would be so much easier for someone to just keep all the original listings and start selling right away...Carol (junklady1)

If your eBay account is owned by a Corporation/Company you can transfer the account as part of a sale of that Corporation.

If your account is owned by an individual or sole proprietorship then you cannot.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I live in Alabama and I see this problem all the time. I can help. You see the word is sell. You want to sell it. The word isn’t sale. You cannot sale it. It’s all about the accent. 

You can sell your eBay business to someone. They would then need to create each of your listings under their user id. It takes time but if they want the business then no big deal. 

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@junklady1 wrote:

If your eBay account is owned by a Corporation/Company you can transfer the account as part of a sale of that Corporation.

If your account is owned by an individual or sole proprietorship then you cannot.

My partner and I each have a company account. All that was required to transfer the account from personal to a business is a tax ID.

C.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Besides the username issues:

If someone offered to sell me their 1500+ item eBay inventory ...

(I'm assuming, they would Not  be stating their inventory has insufficient profit potential)

I'd be wondering.  Why? 

Why would anyone wish to liquidate something so profitable?

Respectfully,

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

If someone offered to sell me their 1500+ item eBay inventory ...

(I'm assuming, they would Not  be stating their inventory has insufficient profit potential)

I'd be wondering.  Why? 

Respectfully,

Lynn

I'd sell out my business inventory and eBay account with it for the right price.  Everything is for sale here.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

"If someone offered to sell me their 1500+ item eBay inventory ...

I'd be wondering.  Why? 

Respectfully,

Lynn"

They decide to retire.

They or someone in family are having medical issues making it hard for them  to continue.

They just decide they want to try a new gig doing something else.

Ebay changes are making them rethink things out.

Just getting burnt out doing this.

They have made enough and just want to pass the opportunity on to someone else. 

Life is to short to stay at one job. 

I know quite a few people that have owned very profitable business's and sold them on short notices just to get out of the rat race game and just to enjoy the rest of their lives playing, traveling and relaxing. 

Look at me i have owned several profitable business's over my lifetime starting with a laundromat when i was only 17 still in high school.  I keep buying different business's, improve them and after a few years i decide to do something else and sell it at a profit and move on to the next chapter in my life.  Then i took an early retirement. party and traveled at a young age and decided it was time to go back to work now that i am older but didn't want to have the extra burden in owning a business and did a stint at a couple of stores but i am learning why i was in business myself and getting the bug back to go full time on my own again and telling the store to TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT!

ok, back on topic lots of reason to sell a profitable business and sometimes it is wise to sell it when it is running strong and get a good dollar  then after it starts to fail and you get less or worse  nothing for it.  

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Even if you can't it as a turn-key business with the name, you may be able to get after market software to integrate your current listings on to. Then upon the sale, you can transfer that account to the new Owner and they will have the listings ready when you end yours. Although, if they are brand new, they will have limits for a few months.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

No it is not allowed

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

@wesk_36 wrote:
Yes a glitch, post counters lagging, posts delayed, links going to the wrong places, many more.

Or just a browser that hadn't been refreshed. 

Message 15 of 26
latest reply