cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The promotion

Hey!

eBay sent me a message that I got selected to some kind of a promotion thing and I wanted to know if someone here knows about it:

Dear weldtronics
Dear Seller,

Thank you for selling with eBay!

You have been selected by eBay to participate in the eBay Best Seller Program promotion (the “Promotion”).

Details of the Promotion are set out below:

They are asking me to sign to something called CBT seller dashboard.
Can anyone tell em what is this promotion and is it worth? and why me?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The promotion

@weldtronics wrote:

Hey!

eBay sent me a message that I got selected to some kind of a promotion thing and I wanted to know if someone here knows about it:

Dear weldtronics
Dear Seller,

Real communications from eBay will open with your actual name, not your user ID. The fact that this message opens with two salutation "Dears" in a row, neither of which is how eBay normally starts a message, makes no sense.

If there is a link in the message that they want you to click on, roll your cursor over it (without actually clicking on it), and see what your browser shows you for a destination. I'm guessing it's someplace other than eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The promotion

here's some info about the CBT dashboard (Cross Border Trade) It appears to be for sellers based in South East Asia. Is that where you are based?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The promotion

If it was in your "in box of emails" on your iPhone or computer....probably not real. If it is in eBay in your mail that would be a different story.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The promotion

Like @a_c_green  said, any official Ebay contact will have your actual name.  If it actually says "Dear Seller" that sounds like SPAM, AC explained how to see the addy the email came from.   

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  Learned something new today, I know 3 different terms that CBT stands for & none of them are 'cross border trade'.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 5 of 5
latest reply