cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have different bank information for different accounts?

I'd like to sell on eBay using an account reserved just for selling.  Is it possible to use different checking accounts for buying and selling?     

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can I have different bank information for different accounts?

You don't need a checking account to buy; you can use Google Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal (funded by bank or credit card, predeposited or not) or various direct credit cards. 

The 'bank account' used for 'selling' has NOTHING to do with an account when you buy (in fact, you can't use a 'checking account' to buy with (except a Debit Card also marked as Visa/MC)

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@rouleur 

Yup poster stainless is right, just attach another card to your acct file ( debit or CC). Smart to always separate Ebay from your personal checking accounts with it's own account just for ebay.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

"I'd like to sell on eBay using an account reserved just for selling.  Is it possible to use different checking accounts for buying and selling?"

The straightforward answer:  Yes, it is possible to use different checking accounts for buying and selling. 

See the more detailed response from "stainlessenginecovers":  It is not required , however, to keep your bank accounts for buying and selling separate.  

Lots of people have more than one eBay account, meaning eBay IDs.  The only thing eBay requires for more than one ID is that each ID have a separate e-mail address.  For me, this ID is linked to a g-mail account, and my selling ID is linked to email through my local internet provider.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I set up a new free checking account when Ebay switched to MANAGED PAYMENTS.  My 2 seller accounts share the same bank acct.   I then set up my PAYPAL to pull funds from a credit card.  I buy everything using that Paypal account linked to a credit card.   I never ever use bank funds to buy anything. You will get more buyer protection with a credit card purchase.

Now, did you know that you can set up your Ebay shipping  so that Ebay NEVER touches your funds for shipping?  Set it up with a paypal account that is linked to a credit card.  Earn cash back as you print your labels!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply