cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPCHA CAPCHA CAPCHA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Every time I want to look at my feedback I'm made to solve a CAPCHA!  WHY??  Why is this a thing??  I'm so sick of being a teacher for AI!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: CAPCHA CAPCHA CAPCHA READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

@movieman630 

The only time I see captcha's is when my computers IP changes (Using VPN, Proxy, Restaurant Wi-Fi, Hotel Wi-Fi etc.).

I now use the same computer on my home Wi-Fi (without VPN protection) and I never see captcha's.

Changeup computers and/or IP's and I see Captcha's and warnings from eBay that I need to change my password because I have been hacked (I was never hacked - just one of eBays "Intelligent" bots identifying problems).

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

The captcha instances have increased lately. I've noticed it's mostly when performing the same type of actions:

- viewing policy pages

- viewing stores (including my own while I'm logged in)

- viewing feedback / profile pages

- viewing payments tabs, reporting, etc.

I understand requiring it when viewing payments or multiple policy pages. But viewing stores and feedback it's a nuisance.

There's another discussion about it here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Why-do-I-have-to-captcha-verify-myself-when-clicking-on-an-eba...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

If there is nothing odd about your network (not using a VPN or hotspot), then the issue may be related to privacy software or settings, or the way your browser handles cookies, or with your eBay cookie itself.

The only time I run into the Captcha on eBay is if my IP-address changes, if I use an entirely new browser, if I sign in to a different country site that I have not signed in to before, or if I erase my eBay cookies.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Same thing here.

I have NEVER had more than one or two Captchas for months at a time.

During the last couple of weeks I have had to click "I am not a robot" and

click on various houses. The Captchas are always the same.

I am required to do this when looking at the full feedback score of a member,

and when I made a purchase two days ago, I had to do it right in the middle of

making payment for said purchase!!

Didn't know how this might affect the payment process. It went through fine.

Contrary to what some members think, I always look at feedback of any seller from whom I contemplate making a

purchase. I have not purchased from many sellers because of what I see in their feedback scores.

I'm one of those "been here forever" members, with both selling and buying experience.

I haven't sold since 2008, when Ebay started going bonkers, but I do purchase quite a bit

at times.

Just another aggravation added to the non functional search engine.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Same for me. They fix that for one day and then comes back. Ebay is turning unusable . All glitches and wacked up searches contribute to low sales. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

For me, the capchas come in clusters having nothing to do with VPN, IP address changes, clearing cache, dumping cookies, phase of the moon or what colour underwear I'm wearing.  I just emerged from a period of having capchas every time I checked feedback or ended listings.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I'm not getting that either.

Makes me think that it might be a PC thing and not a ebay thing?

Computer illiterate here.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I would say it may have something to do with incompetent website developers Ebay hired. Never before there were so many issues with essential items such as this login /captcha. Never before this new CEO people had to be testing website development features for Ebay while losing sales or making fitment catalogue. Like they release stuff not knowing what the consequence will be and how to roll it back. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

Every time I want to look at my feedback I'm made to solve a CAPCHA!  WHY??  Why is this a thing??  I'm so sick of being a teacher for AI!

I've been doing that with eBay when I get on a chat, to turn the tables --

That's a great question! But first, which of the following are numbers: cat eighteen twelve ratatouille sixty-seven

Sadly, it hasn't been going well.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm on eBay 3 to 5 hrs a day; seeing orders, printing orders and reading posts on the forum. 

Have NOT had to do a Captcha for over a year. 

It must be you and your computer, web browser etc. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers “

I'm on eBay 3 to 5 hrs a day; seeing orders, printing orders and reading posts on the forum. 

Have NOT had to do a Captcha for over a year. 

It must be you and your computer, web browser etc. ”

Or maybe you special…IDK…

what computer are you using? I will get it if that solves all issues and glitches and keeps my sales up

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@partfinds 

An 'el cheapo' 3 yr old laptop from Walmart using Edge and Windows 10. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks @stainlessenginecovers  for tip. 😀👍

Message 14 of 14
latest reply