cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT FIND CATEGORY TO LIST ANYMORE!

Hello,

I am not a rookie here.  Been selling for 12 years and never had such issues with placing my items in categories.  I keep taking months long breaks from here because of the constant frustration.  I look at others listings, still can't find where the category is I want to place this.  Everything I list is unique, so far to many of these issues.

Can anyone tell me how to get this to list in this category?

This should NOT be this hard EBAY!   That is NOT directed to anyone but the powers that be that think I should be a mind reader.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Hi what is the item you want to list? The link above takes me to a general page, see screen shot below.

3CBD9ABB-A50B-4655-9415-222B13A581F2.png

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

Knowing that won't help you. I am doing the same thing you are.  How do you get to Pottery and glass thru collectibles???  Used to be easy!

I need someone who has listed in this category before.  I thought maybe they fixed this nightmare for people.  Nope.  I think I will take another 3 months away after this...I am too frustrated.  Thank you for trying.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

When making a listing, under all categories I see pottery and glass:

b9fc773121364b5c8d3932c17ad07421

Click that and these are the subcategories:

7f16f12fadc8bed561b5d1eca16063c1

Pottery and Glass isn't under collectibles anymore from what I see.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

They are selling under collectibles.  

this is just one example, eBay item number:125924155306    I want to do the same, yet still cannot figure how to do it.  I gave up.  I am going to take this to a show, it will sell there easy..

Thanks.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Sorry, I think i have misunderstood the query. Are you trying to list a specific item under the Decorative Pottery and Glassware category, and the listing format won’t accept it? Or is the issue something else?

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Sounds as if eBay stopped giving Decorative Pottery and Glassware as a subcategory under Collectibles and the OP doesn't  want to accept that.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

They are selling under collectibles.  

this is just one example, eBay item number:125924155306    I want to do the same, yet still cannot figure how to do it....

In that listing , under the Gallery image, click on the link for "Have one to sell? Sell now" which will bring up a new listing form in that very same category.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Would listing it in collectibles make a difference?  I don't know anyone who searches by category.  Not that there aren't any, I just don't know any.

As for it showing up in search as collectibles>pottery and glass, we all know Ebay's search is **bleep**, so that being wrong when pottery and glass is no longer a subcategory of collectibles is not surprising.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

That item number I gave was listed today.  Why don't you try reading the posts instead of blaming OP's

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Oh and there is 20 more of those I can give you.  Listed today.

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

I think this might be a glitch or oversight in the listing form.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 

like this?

vintage dishes test | eBay

if so...it is a little convoluted to get there, but i tried to note down how i do it....

Create New Listing

enter vintage dishes (some matches appear)

continue without match button

choose a condition (used)

click continue

A bunch of suggestions popup similar to what you want..in top bar enter vintage dishes

keep following choices until collectibles is not visible in the long choice list

choose any one that says collectible (you need to get collectible off that main list...that indicates that you are in the top level Art & Collectible...

You will not see the "top level" (Art & Collectibles)in your choices just...

Pottery & Glass >>Decorative Pottery & Cookware>>

I hope that helps...it is not hard once you do it, but it is hard to explain on a sunday night....

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

It is still a category under Collectibles, just that this site is so screwed up, they want you to be a mind reader for these categories now.  I could do what the other person suggested, click under the gallery pic, and do sell one now, didn't know I could do that, never noticed thank you Nobody's Perfect!  Just I had already given up, and left the listing finished, so I would have to start over, and I messed with it far too long...so sick of this place and their nutso changes.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

The categories can be a little frustrating to navigate when creating listings but they are there.

I just poke around until I find the one I want.

Using the sell similar option, as another poster suggested, can save some time too.

You're not the only one who gets annoyed by all the changes. I know I do.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply