cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers who leave negs instead of opening a case?

I recently had a weird experience with a buyer who bought a beauty product from me, where she accused me of emptying out the bottle and replacing it with some "unknown substance." This is the kind of product you can easily Google, and the item I sold (as well as how I pictured it) represented it accurately. 

The buyer sent me a very pushy, irate message accusing me of tampering with the item, and insisted that she had purchased the same type of item many times in the past so she knew what she was talking about. When I didn't reply immediately, she went and left me a neg accusing me of selling counterfeit products and being unresponsive. 

What I find odd is, if the product was so grossly misrepresented and obviously tampered with...why not file an INR? If some mystical forces replaced the contents of my item with some other mysterious substance, you'd think the case would be a slam dunk - the way she described it, the item she received looked totally different from the one I sold. 

Is this a common tactic among people who are fishing for a refund without having to open a false INR case? What's especially odd to me is that the item I sold her was under $5. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

why not file an INR

under $5

Because it's not worth her time? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

But it's worth her time to send me a tome complaining about how terrible the item was then destroying my feedback? She could have just opened an INR in a minute and probably won the case without bothering to photograph the item. Some people have have no brains or regard for others though, I guess. *shrug*
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

It could be this buyer is on EBay's radar as one who claims to many INR cases or SNAD cases..or an unreal amount of returns..

But you are right , some buyers don't care..just hope that one day they need to become a seller in some capacity to understand what sellers go through..

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

why not file an INR

under $5

Because it's not worth her time? 

Happens to be worth the seller's time to sell it.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@uzumakey wrote:

What I find odd is, if the product was so grossly misrepresented and obviously tampered with...why not file an INR?

Why would she file an INR when she clearly received the item?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I think from the context you can pretty clearly deduce that I meant SNAD.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@uzumakey wrote:
But it's worth her time to send me a tome complaining about how terrible the item was then destroying my feedback? She could have just opened an INR in a minute and probably won the case without bothering to photograph the item. Some people have have no brains or regard for others though, I guess. *shrug*

Not if they opened an INR.

INR is for item not received, since the received something, they would have lost.

They would have to file an INAD.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@uzumakey wrote:

I recently had a weird experience with a buyer who bought a beauty product from me, where she accused me of emptying out the bottle and replacing it with some "unknown substance." This is the kind of product you can easily Google, and the item I sold (as well as how I pictured it) represented it accurately. 

The buyer sent me a very pushy, irate message accusing me of tampering with the item, and insisted that she had purchased the same type of item many times in the past so she knew what she was talking about. When I didn't reply immediately, she went and left me a neg accusing me of selling counterfeit products and being unresponsive. 

What I find odd is, if the product was so grossly misrepresented and obviously tampered with...why not file an INR? If some mystical forces replaced the contents of my item with some other mysterious substance, you'd think the case would be a slam dunk - the way she described it, the item she received looked totally different from the one I sold. 

Is this a common tactic among people who are fishing for a refund without having to open a false INR case? What's especially odd to me is that the item I sold her was under $5. 

No, but I think your buyer is honest enough not to use scam tactics.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It would be a SNAD/INAD not an INR

Message 10 of 10
latest reply