cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers don't leave feedback, should sellers stop leaving feedback

Just sold about 15 items only received 6 feedbacks. As a seller when the buyer pays I leave positive feedback.

I follow tracking and when Item is delivered I send message to see if it arrived safely. Can't tell you how many time I don't get a response or any feedback. Why are so many buyers without common curtesy. I 've been thinking about not leaving feedback for buyers until I receive feedback. Also, Getting a lot of complaints about shipping costs. Buyers want shipping to be reduced. I have told them that the price of gas has gone way up since January and Fedex, UPS, and post office trucks don't have solar panels or windmills on there roof to run on. Anyone having the same issues?  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Buyers don't leave feedback, should sellers stop leaving feedback

I stopped leaving feedback years ago, when it stopped counting.  Just another (supposedly) useless metric.  

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

only 15? lol - seriously, today's ebay buyer culture doesn't leave feedback, even if you ask for it. If a buyer is going to leave feedback they generally will do it on their own and I have noticed that most buyers who are on site from 2019 - now don't leave feedback but older users seem to. I have thousands of sales with no feedback...so do other sellers. The main concern is - did any open cases on you? No? OK then - let the sale pass > on > by. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Back in the late 90's when eBay first started, Feed Back was given by Buyers & Sellers routinely.  In the last 12 years selling under a different User Name, FB is hit & miss.  I leave FB on day 31 after the sale of the item.  I don't have "free 30 day returns" and for a good reason.  I have experienced several times items returned that have been damaged or not even the item I sent. I always keep track of when the item is delivered, wait 31 days and leave the feedback.  I figure that gives any Buyer plenty of time to contact me if they have issues with what they purchased.  If a Buyer does leave feedback soon after they receive their item, I am happy to leave FB immediately and then delete the picture files from my computer!  

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

only 15? lol - seriously, today's ebay buyer culture doesn't leave feedback, even if you ask for it. If a buyer is going to leave feedback they generally will do it on their own and I have noticed that most buyers who are on site from 2019 - now don't leave feedback but older users seem to. I have thousands of sales with no feedback...so do other sellers. The main concern is - did any open cases on you? No? OK then - let the sale pass > on > by. 

Exactly!  No news, is GOOD news!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Can try doing this I guess.

Don't do thisDon't do this

Seriously. Don't do this.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

I am not the greatest speller so thank you for pointing it out, I can tell it was from the heart. 

The wording of my note I send is in a positive light and the customer's can tell, I was only giving a section of the note as an example, there is more to the note. 

I can only share my experience and more people leave feedback because of my note, and they appreciate the note.  Some buyers in my feedback mention the note as well.  Not everyone is a downer and overly critical.  Some people like to know they can trust someone.

I also get return buyers because of the note.  Made some friends too that I keep in contact with on a regular basis. 

My glass is half full.... yours seems half empty, especially after reading your community posts and seeing your low feedback score. Your feedback score definitely shows me that you know what you are talking about.  I mean you have been on eBay for over 6 whole months.   A lot of negative vibes for sure.  Engaging people in a better way will make your life on eBay and the real world a better one.

You give what you get. When you grow up you will understand a little more. 

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I understand what you are saying, I do the same, leaving positive feedback once the item is paid for. The feedback I receive is always very positive, just doesn't happen very often. It would be nice if I received feedback back more often, even if it is not always so positive. I always listen, it's a good way to see just exactly how I am doing, and make any improvements to my listings necessary. Feedback helps everyone, sellers and buyers alike. When I am looking to buy something, I always check the sellers feedback, always!

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Feedback is voluntary not mandatory as other have mentioned. As with others,  I am missing 100's of feedback, and if I insist buyers leave it they might just give me a negative for bugging them. Feedback, in my opinion, is just a number next to your account name, and has lost any real value over the years. So, are you concerned about feedback number, or do you really want to hold your buyers responsible for their opinion of your performance???? Careful what you wish for it may just back fire working against you.  I leave feedback only upon receipt. Don't Poke the Bear.

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

I didn't look to see who you're referring to, but many posters here are using Posting ID's, so their FB & dates bear no resemblance to their actual experience level. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

I have been wanting to get to 500 feedback and I would have a long time ago, but I only get feedback from buyers about 15% of the time as of late.  I always leave feedback right after I ship, it's just easier that way. 

Something odd I've noticed though is that I usually get feedback on lower priced items or on items where I'm a little concerned that the buyer might not be completely happy.  Strangely enough those are the happiest customers!  When I sell something really cool that is over $20, I rarely get any feedback.  Sometimes I even get messages telling me how much they love something but no feedback.  Sigh...Oh Well...

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 41 of 41
latest reply