cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers don't leave feedback, should sellers stop leaving feedback

Just sold about 15 items only received 6 feedbacks. As a seller when the buyer pays I leave positive feedback.

I follow tracking and when Item is delivered I send message to see if it arrived safely. Can't tell you how many time I don't get a response or any feedback. Why are so many buyers without common curtesy. I 've been thinking about not leaving feedback for buyers until I receive feedback. Also, Getting a lot of complaints about shipping costs. Buyers want shipping to be reduced. I have told them that the price of gas has gone way up since January and Fedex, UPS, and post office trucks don't have solar panels or windmills on there roof to run on. Anyone having the same issues?  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Buyers don't leave feedback, should sellers stop leaving feedback

If you got 6 feedbacks from 15 transactions that's pretty good!  That's about 35%.

I get about 25%.

Buyers and/or sellers are not required to leave feedback.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Greetings,

100% of the time I leave positive feedback to a buyer that pays promptly. Their positive feedback is paying cold hard cash ON TIME for my item. They did their job. I really do not expect anything in return.

Would rather hear nothing from them than have a problem. 

As to complaints from buyers(if rude or blunt) prior to bidding about shipping fee's or anything else etc., I block them fast. I do not respond, I really do not need the lecture from them. I do not sweat it or take it personally. I double check my listing, once I had 100.00 shipping and meant 10.00.

Sometimes they have info about a vintage item I am selling. If they are being polite or informative I do email them back and thank them and just move around.

Regards!

I get where you are coming from but I just don't focus on it anymore. 

Message 17 of 41
latest reply

This is the answer you need. 

Set up automatic feedback so when the buyer leaves you feedback it automatically leaves feedback for them.  I don't care what others say leaving feedback before the buyer gets the item is a mistake, so many things can happen.

I put in a thank you note with every order stating something like this somewhere in the message:

"If you decide to leave positive feedback it is much appreciated. My eBay is set up to automatically leave feedback for you when you have left it for me. I am always trying to get my rating number higher, but only about 15% of customers leave feedback and it is a slow process. I use to always leave feedback as soon as an item was paid... But the buyer left no feedback for me.... I figured this is the most fare way to do it... It only takes a few seconds and it helps other buyers know they can trust me as a seller."

If the buyer wants feedback they will leave it and you don't have to worry about going back and leaving feedback for them. It nice and easy.  It does help and I seem to get more that actually leave a feedback because of it.

If every buyer left feedback I would have thousands more than what I have... it's sad.

Hope that helped.

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

A lot of your shipping charges seem extremely high to me. 

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wrong66 wrote:

Agreed. Some are borderline ridiculous IMO.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@wrong66 wrote:

Agreed. Some are borderline ridiculous IMO.

AAlittle-bear-nodding-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif

OP you should investigate flat rate boxes and do you have a shipping scale?

It can help if you're estimating shipping cost, both you and your buyers, so you have accurate shipping..

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

If you absolutely want to minimize the amount of positive feedback you receive, then only leaving positive feedback after it has already been left for you is definitely one way to accomplish your goal.

On the other hand, if you want to maximize the amount of positive feedback you receive, always leaving positive feedback first works very well.

Think of it this way: a certain percentage of users almost always leave positive feedback; a certain percentage almost never do. Not much you can do to influence those folks one way or the other aside from going out of your way to provoke a negative.

Then there are some users that always wait for the other party to leave feedback first. Guess what happens when two such users are involved in a transaction with each other? Neither gets feedback since each is waiting for the other to blink first.

Leaving positive feedback first increases your chances of receiving positive feedback.

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

I used to feel that way, why should I leave feedback if they don't. Then for the longest time I only left feedback after I got it. 

But lately I use feedback as a way of communication. I say thank you and if there are any problems to contact me first. I have put this on my invoices, packing slip and I even stick a sticker on every item if they missed all of that. 

I sell about 30 items a month. I only get about 5 feedbacks. I think it is a thing of the past. People just order online, they don't care where it comes from.  

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

@selling_everything_74 wrote:

I don't care what others say leaving feedback before the buyer gets the item is a mistake, so many things can happen.

Let's open up that can of worms shall we?

I leave feedback for my buyers after they have done the one thing they are required to do ..... pay.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 24 of 41
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I leave it when I get around to it, and yet my FB % is through the roof. I have no idea why. Clearly, it has nothing to do with any set agenda on timing.

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

@racingoval wrote:

As a seller when the buyer pays I leave positive feedback. 

Buyer feedback is meaningless because ALL buyers have had 100% positive feedback since 2008.

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I leave it when I get around to it, and yet my FB % is through the roof. I have no idea why. Clearly, it has nothing to do with any set agenda on timing.

It's probably what you sell.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 27 of 41
latest reply

Buyers do not and never have had to leave feedback. You are not selling things for feedback, you are selling things to make $$ profit.

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@katzrul15 wrote:

When the order shows delivered, we leave FB.  Sometimes if the buyer was a messaging ravaged pillbox, I will not leave it until they do, if ever.  One guy emailed every day of his shipment recently asking "where is my package"?

Did not leave FB for him - e-bay won't let me type what I think should be appropriate, so we leave none.  lol

(btw - his parcel arrived to west coast/zone 8 for us in 5 days, including a weekend.  Bought Wed night shipped Thurs AM, delivered on Tuesday morning.  Pretty darn good for USPS considering)

One guy close to Easter kept pestering to see if we had "heard anything today???"  After about the 5th email, I told him not from the Post Office, but the Easter Bunny sent me a text that Easter was cancelled due to the snow.  We received a nice chuckle email back and eventually really nice FB.

Buyers can be such bothersome noobs when they want their packages "right now".  🐰

@katzrul15 

OMGosh!!   I LOL'd multiple times..

Thanks for that..

Also you missed the Puppy mill poster this morn.. "Dogs in 20 states" 

Twas a doozy.. The entire forum let 'em have it with both barrels so to speak.. 

It finally got poofed.. 

Bummer - lol

Had to travel today for day job and rush back and get packages out.  I always miss the good ones!  lol

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 29 of 41
latest reply

@selling_everything_74

"If you decide to leave positive feedback it is much appreciated. My eBay is set up to automatically leave feedback for you when you have left it for me. I am always trying to get my rating number higher, but only about 15% of customers leave feedback and it is a slow process. I use to always leave feedback as soon as an item was paid... But the buyer left no feedback for me.... I figured this is the most fare way to do it... It only takes a few seconds and it helps other buyers know they can trust me as a seller."

If you put this in my order and/or sent this to me thru communication as a Buyer, you might not like the FB received.  You are under the impression the Buyer owes you FB for the transaction.  They most certainly do not.  If this is the note you include in every order - well. wow.  

And "fair" is spelled wrong.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 30 of 41
latest reply