cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers allowed to esclate not received case after 1 day????

This is the 2nd time this has happened. Someone openeds a not received case then the next day before i even get a chance to reply its esculated by the buyer and ebay has refunded them (all un just over 24 hours)

Here is the latest example.

$8.99 item not received (buyer still has not allowed enough time for airmail delivery)

Case opened Jun 21, 2017 

Case closed Jun 22, 2017 

Debited from my paypal and i'm at fault...

I was under the impression i had till the 26th to reply in this case (3 working days) since it said you have till the 26th to respond!!!

This happenes on airmail stuff since some times i dont have tracking on very small airmail items. I'm guessing the same could happened on domestic but i have tracking on just about all domestic so i have not encountered it thus far.

I'm going to contact ebay this time to see what the hell is going on.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

What do you mean by "airmail stuff"? Do you mean international shipping?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

What was the sale or ship date? 

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

This happenes on airmail stuff since some times i dont have tracking on very small airmail items.

If you have no delivery confirmation on the package you lose. If you sent to a country that does not provide on line proof of deliver you lose. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@ibuyyoulongtime  There was another post on this subject recently (not sure if it was you or not) where the case was allowed to be esculated a day early ... I think I remember that eBay was supposed to be looking in to that ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Mine.  Ebay reversed it. 

Might work for the OP as well. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@michael_atw wrote:

Mine.  Ebay reversed it. 

Might work for the OP as well. 

Good job! 

OP call ebay, this is not supposed to happen and it is happening frequently lately. You need that case closed without seller resolution off your record. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Im calling later. If it goes well ill look back and fond anyothers that did not allow the 3 days for response.  I'll post back an update after the phone call. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

It depends on the details.  Also, if you're 100% sure they messed up, demand a supervisor if they don't fix it off the bat.  They will lie to you or at the least will be ignorant of the details. 

Mine said it was open until May 31, then May 30 it escalated.  The first CSR said the buyer didn't escalate (meaning eBay computer did automatically).  If there was/is an actual date in the case that eBay gave you to solve the problem, then something messed up.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

called them and the lady helping was super nice. She seemed a bit confused on how it was esculated by the buyer before my alloted 3 working days to reply.  She said going by the dollar amount been small it should have just been closed with out me been found at fault and ebay pay the buyer.

Anyways she apealed it for me and now i'm not at fault and ebay is giving me the money back.

So note to anyone who gets a not received case esculated before the alloted responce time make sure you call ebay and get it over turned even if there is no tracking!

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@ibuyyoulongtime wrote:

called them and the lady helping was super nice. She seemed a bit confused on how it was esculated by the buyer before my alloted 3 working days to reply.  She said going by the dollar amount been small it should have just been closed with out me been found at fault and ebay pay the buyer.

Anyways she apealed it for me and now i'm not at fault and ebay is giving me the money back.

So note to anyone who gets a not received case esculated before the alloted responce time make sure you call ebay and get it over turned even if there is no tracking!

And the usual next step is for the buyer to open a paypal claim.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@994john wrote:

@ibuyyoulongtime wrote:

And the usual next step is for the buyer to open a paypal claim.

The buyer is likely getting to keep the eBay refund and eBay themselves is paying the seller back 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Yes definatly. I've never seen ebay take money back off a buyer when a case is apealed in over 10 years selling. I've had a case apealed for over $40 when a badly damaged item is returned as unwanted and ebay still takes the hit to apease the buyer which is fine by me because it avoids the buyer been mad at me 🙂

Message 14 of 16
latest reply