cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants my ebay email address. Is this legit?

7B35A56A-9B24-4495-9342-403B394049B0.jpeg

The image he sent me 

14DD02EB-6C8E-4EBD-8C04-42725831E818.png

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer wants my ebay email address. Is this legit?

SCAM!

EBay sends him your contact information. He doesn't need you to do it.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

No.  If you do/did, next you will receive a fake payment notification from ebay or PayPal.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

No @briabernin_0. They are asking for your e-mail so they can send you a fake payment notice. Keep all communications on eBay. Don't text or e-mail.

Report the "buyer" for trying to take the sale off eBay.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

SCAM attempt.  No buyer ever needs that information to make a payment for a purchase.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It is NOT legit.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You are a new user and subject to be targeted by scammers.

Please read some of the stories on the boards as well as this link

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/stay_safe.html 

A new user selling computers: what all can go wrong with this???

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Scam! The items you're selling are scam magnets. 

Be careful selling high end items like computers right off the bat. Ebay watches new sellers who sell expensive items when they first start off.  Don't be surprised if Ebay doesn't contact you and asks you to provide receipts for those items.  If you can't prove it you won't get paid until Ebay releases the funds to your states unclaimed funds department. 

Happy Selling!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

LIAR SCAMMER and THIEF.

eBay provides a buyer with everything they need to pay for their purchases.   eBay does NOT provide them a way to send a FAKE you have been paid notice.  That is what they need your email for.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

SCAMMER it is;

scamusualy goes like this:

Hey this is a gift and I would like you to include a gift card with this> I will pay you extra for this:

Of course they whant the gift card scarted off and a photo of that for proof you purchased on:

If photo sent you are out the money:

They will also try and send you a fake notice of payment (YOU HAVE BEEN PAID): and try and get you to send free stuff to em. Of course no payment was made and the mark (seller),  is out the item, and money; if they fall for it.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The scammer has no intention of ever legitimately paying you. He just wants your email address so he can reply to it with a totally FAKE notice that you've been "paid".

Put the scammer on your BBL (Blocked Buyer List) and don't respond at all to any emails from the scammer.

Additionally for the future, never, ever ship any item that does not show up in your "Awaiting Shipment" list under "Orders" in your Seller Hub.

Good Luck and welcome to the anti-scammer club here on eBay! You'll find a lot of help here.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 11 of 11
latest reply