cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants me to cancel the auction

I have a buyer who messaged me indicating they did not want to pay what the calculated shipping showed after the auction ended.  They told me I could put SHOES in an envelope and mail WAY cheaper.  They are in Hawaii.  They also said that after they looked at the enlarged photos, they were not happy with the condition.  They said if I won't ship for $6.00 they want me to cancel the auction. 

I have spent alot of time and effort to finally just recently being a top rated seller.  I could care less about the auction, but if I cancel, they can give me neg feedback and affect my seller status.  I just want to have no contact with buyer and fill out a non payment after 3 days so they can't neg me. 

What would you do.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Buyer wants me to cancel the auction

Personally,  it depends on the approach.  If a buyer nicely asks me to cancel I generally do.  If they demand and/or uses profanity I just file an unpaid item case and ride it out.  

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Buyer has requested to cancel the auction so cancel.  There is no penality for cancelling a sale as buyer requested.  You don't want the buyer to pay when you do the UPI and then force you to pay for a SNAD.  Just cancel and report the buyer to eBay.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

What would I do ?
Cancel I have learned no good can come out of forcing a buyer . So you don't cancel then file a UPI
They pay, you ship & they file an item not as described. Is it worth it? To me no.

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

@bodabird wrote:

I have a buyer who messaged me indicating they did not want to pay what the calculated shipping showed after the auction ended.  They told me I could put SHOES in an envelope and mail WAY cheaper.  They are in Hawaii.  They also said that after they looked at the enlarged photos, they were not happy with the condition.  They said if I won't ship for $6.00 they want me to cancel the auction. 

I have spent alot of time and effort to finally just recently being a top rated seller.  I could care less about the auction, but if I cancel, they can give me neg feedback and affect my seller status.  I just want to have no contact with buyer and fill out a non payment after 3 days so they can't neg me. 

What would you do.

Cancel as buyer requested.

If they did not pay, they cannot leave you feedback.

And block him.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Buyer was extremely snotty.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I would just cancel it with buyer requested. If they neg you keep the email hey sent, you might get it removed.

forcing a buyer to pay never turns out good. They may pay if you file then claim it's defective (something they have already hinted at) and force you to pay to get it back.

cancel with they requested you do so and put them on your blocked  bidder list.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

What would you do.

And block him.

Yes, they can leave feedback even if they do not pay and you cancel.

Having said that, they can also leave feedback if you file an unpaid item case and they do pay.

Bottom line, I would forget about the feedback and try not to lose money.  Best option there is to do what the buyer wants and cancel using "buyer requested" as the reason.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

I'd cancel they are trying to warn you they are gonna cost you money and headache if you dare to try to go through with the transaction.

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

What would you do.

And block him.

Yes, they can leave feedback even if they do not pay and you cancel.

Having said that, they can also leave feedback if you file an unpaid item case and they do pay.

Bottom line, I would forget about the feedback and try not to lose money.  Best option there is to do what the buyer wants and cancel using "buyer requested" as the reason.

If a buyer requests you cancel, and OBVIOUSLY does not pay, he can still leave you feedback?

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Meh.

He doesn't want to pay.

He's asked you to cancel the transaction.

Cancel it for Buyer Request.

You walk away without a defect.

It's business not personal.

You can go the Unpaid Item Dispute route and have six days when your item is not available for sale.

And he might even pay and then Dispute with Not As Described, leaving you with the cost of shipping both ways and refunding.

It's business, not personal.

Cancel.

Move on.

Oh and Block the rude bidder.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Confirmation please -

If a buyer requests that you cancel, and obviously does not pay,

Can he leave you feedback?

I thought he cannot.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Confirmation please -

I thought he cannot.

I asked this question on the weekly chat and was told that yes feedback could be left by the buyer.   I believe bad feedback could be appealed, but it wasn't blocked.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

I recently had this happen within minutes of the auction ending. When I tried to cancel the sale I couldn't find a way for a seller to cancel. I might have overlooked the obvious. But what I did was tell the buyer that I couldn't find a way to cancel and I gave him my permission to end it himself. Which he did.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Confirmation please -

I thought he cannot.

Yes he can leave feedback if he requests to cancel and you oblige. But if you file and close an IUD he cannot leave feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 37
latest reply