cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer sent return request so an affiliate can confirm order???

I have a good customer that asked me an unusual request. He offers me money to create listings for these development boards he purchased from me a while back. “Then he will repurchase,”Only thing is I don’t have these boards in my possession and I don’t know if they could violate any export laws after the fact, or be a way to get money from me. In fact he’s keeping them but wants this done so his new affiliated company can confirm boards were purchased through me. I feel like I’m getting scammed. He’s now sent return request for boards not working and removed providing money for my troubles. Please tell I am not getting screwed.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It sounds like trouble to me.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

How is that anyone's definition of a good customer?  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'd contact ebay........but if it's a legit return request, not much you can do.....except comply with it..... 

I don’t know if they could violate any export laws..........where is he from?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

No, no, no. That's funny business and you'ren going to lose.  You list, you sell. They pay. You move on. If they're unhappy with item, they file return and ship back to you and then you refund to them and relist if you so choose. Nothing more, nothing less. Never list something not in your possession. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply