cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer says never got package and has surveillance cameras

One of my buyers just messaged me saying tracking shows there package was delivered on 4/8 but they never got it.  He also says he has surveillance cameras to verify he didn’t get it.  This is the 1st time I have had a buyer with a missing package bring up surveillance cameras and I was curious if eBay pays attention to that.  In the past I knows it’s an easy win for sellers if item was sent to correct address but I wondered if eBay allowed buyers to submit camera data??

i have 1st asked buyer to verify their correct address with me and once I get that I will go through my usual ask the neighbors, family members in the home if the have it and so forth but I need to know if this is still an easy win for sellers if we cannot locate this package.  I will do my best to help them locate this package but in the end there’s only so much I can do and I am expected an INR opened if we cannot find it.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer says never got package and has surveillance cameras

You are handling this correctly by giving the buyer tips for trying to find the package. Under no circumstances will eBay look at photos as these can be doctored or faked.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You are handling this correctly by giving the buyer tips for trying to find the package. Under no circumstances will eBay look at photos as these can be doctored or faked.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@xd-9 wrote:

One of my buyers just messaged me saying tracking shows there package was delivered on 4/8 but they never got it.  He also says he has surveillance cameras to verify he didn’t get it.  This is the 1st time I have had a buyer with a missing package bring up surveillance cameras and I was curious if eBay pays attention to that.  In the past I knows it’s an easy win for sellers if item was sent to correct address but I wondered if eBay allowed buyers to submit camera data??

Nope, for the same reason that they don't view videos of sellers packing boxes, etc. There's simply no way to show what happened outside of the camera's view, or after the camera was switched off, etc.

All you need to do is upload a tracking number showing a Delivered status in the City and ZIP of the address that you received with the payment.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Lots of us have surveillance cameras.  Some day I'll hook mine up, too.   Smiley Very Happy

As the previous poster mentioned, ebay doesn't pay much attention to the claims of those who say they have photos or video.  The wonders one can do with photoshop and other programs makes most of that type of 'evidence' useless.  Sympathetic and helpful is the course to take.  Might have them check with their PO to see if the carrier remembers the package.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you used USPS for shipping, you ask the buyer to check with his local PO. The PO can pull up GPS coordinates where the package was actually delivered. I am not sure about the other carriers.

It may have been delivered a few streets over, it's happened.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply