cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer said the color didn’t match pictures and description

Hi,

I’m the seller and I’m new to ebay. So the story is I sold a Versace watch and today the buyer asked for return with the reason he/she wrote in the message: “The color turned out to be too dark comparing to one on the photo. Like burgundy. Sorry it doesn’t match what I expected.” 

I know with the lighting the color might look lighter in some pictures, but I already put it clearly in the description :”Burgundy Strap”. I also tried to explain and take picture of another same one I have (I have 2 for sell) to compare with the posting picture to show there’s no big difference in color. And I’m sorry but I don’t accept return (It’s also said clearly in my listing that I don’t accept return). Then he/she mad and threatened me to give me bad review, to ask ebay and paypal to involve and stuffs. Then he/she said the color of my watch looks like cheap market material and stuffs while It’s an authentic one. I also sell it on Mercari and pass the authentic tests. I’m new and trying to build a good status for my account but I’m really feel unfair and feel like being insulted . So if I ask ebay to involve, who do you think will be in favor for this case?

Thank you so much.

Here is the link to my post: https://www.ebay.com/itm/266202538749?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=TanT02XwSrm&sss...

Here is some more pictures of how does it look 

B61BD321-EFCF-4BB4-8B0F-5597FA394308.jpeg

0970B7D8-086A-4991-AD0D-E99EC3B442AC.jpeg

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Buyer said the color didn’t match pictures and description

@albertabrightalberta 

You can always add a custom value if not on the dropdown menu.

ten_o_nine_0-1680966972961.png

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

To be honest, when listing it I put down the model number in search and bunch of suggestions from other sellers appear then I just choose one of them to faster listing. Since we all selling the same exact watch I thought that’s what we got for the item descriptions. Only in the description box that we have to type in ourselves for more details I put it there again to make sure it’s easier to read. My bad that I didn’t tried to change the red to the burgundy because I thought it’s unnecessary. If you type the model VE8103821 you will see every other sellers put it at red, some other even write down red in their description. The original pictures from versace the color even more weird so I tried to capture it my way. But yea some pictures are lighter than the others. It’s all depends if it’s inside or outside with good lighting or not. 

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

Hi, the case was opened by the buyer. 

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

And most of the sellers of the same watch seem to have the same colour band as yours.

So your buyer may be disappointed when she tries buying what she thinks is a lighter colour red from another seller.

On the upside, at least she was polite and said sorry.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Like I said in previous chat, I already accept return and send label. Just hope I get the exact same thing back in the exact same condition. 🤞

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

I agree with all the good advice you got here, don't let emotions be involved, there is no such thing as "No Returns" and stating that as a policy will hurt you, be prepared to get scammed, and I'll add one more. Your photos are all over the place. With a watch like that, one on the wrist is a good idea, but I looked at your listings and I would suggest that you make a photo area and learn how to standardize your images a little better. But that's just one stupid guy's opinion, you do you.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

I kinda think you may not get the same thing back, but I wish you luck. Have you looked online to find out if counterfeits of this model watch exist? I would do that. 

Also, ebay will remove the neg fdbk once the transaction is finalized, BUT, don't wait to give them their money back. You have 24 hours to refund them, after which point ebay will auto refund them and then you have a very serious ding on your account, that will affect views of your items.

AFTER, you have refunded them, if there is something wrong with the watch, you can open a case on them. I also suggest you film yourself opening the return package with as much proofs that that is what you are doing, live, as possible. I have even heard of people filming them receiving the package from the mailman and, with no cuts, opening the package. 

If you open it and somethings wrong, I'd call ebay immediately. More than likely the person you speak with on the phone can't do anything, they'll have to escalate it to a case for a department that doesn't speak with you and has no contact information. I could be wrong about anything I said here, I don't have a  lot of problems lately, so it's been a while. 

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

Are you sure about that FVF thing? That they wont refund you if they have to step in? I didn't know that. 

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Yea, I will try to take better pictures next time. I will take this issue as a lesson for me.

Message 24 of 34
latest reply

Hi,  "Colors" can be a bit tricky.  We sell fishing rod guides.  The colors on some of our photos. are often not 100% true.  We add a little "disclaimer" in our description explaining our difficulty in getting a proper photo. and listing the color in writing.  Just take the return & relist. You will likely loose any "arguments" & acquire a defect.  Good Luck

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

@revretail wrote:

Yea, I will try to take better pictures next time. I will take this issue as a lesson for me.

I would like to suggest that you get some photo white daylight lighting.  Many of your items seem to be taken in a soft or yellow light. And maybe a simple white background.

🤗

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Yea I do think about filming it when I received it back. Like I’m gonna set up the camera and wait for the mailman to come lol. I still have the same watch here to compare so if it’s an counterfeit product I think I can see the difference.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Once you have received the item back and completed the refund then call eBay and tell them that you are being EXTORTED for feedback. We are protected from buyers who threaten negative feedback. Ebay will remove the feedback if you refunded the item.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

So It’s been 2 weeks since I sent out the return label and reminded him about sending it back but still not a single word from him or anything. It doesn’t seem like he hate the color and want to return it. It more like he want to get it for free by trying to dispute with Paypal or something. Ebay still let him return until May 1 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️. So I’m trembling 😬 here waiting until the time frame is over. Hope he won’t return anything so I don’t have to refund, or else It’s possibly that he will return it in a different condition… Finger crossed 🤞!

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

You might add a disclaimer such as  "Color may differ slightly from pictures on your device" in your description. I use multiple devices and colors look a little different on each one.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply