cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer's eBay account has no recent activity. Should i trust?

I recently sold my Play Station 4 slim on auction and it sold for $235.  The buyer has about 15 positive feedback and no negative feedback. However this was from over a year ago. The buyer has been a member sice 2012 and has no recent feedback. 

I am wondering if I should still ship out the item or cancel the order. I would not like the buyer to somehow get his money back. Do you think I should still ship it out? Also would eBay have my back if the buyer claims the Play Station doesn't work even tho it does?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Buyer's eBay account has no recent activity. Should i trust?

If you’ve received cleared payment &’PayPal says it’s OK to ship then ship. No eBay does not have your back if the buyer says the item doesn’t work. Neither does PayPal. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You have five feedback received as a seller, only three of those in the past year.  Why should a buyer trust you?

Now...see how silly that sounds.

That said, no, Ebay will not have your back if the buyer makes a claim.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Agree with southern*sweet*tea and jen_proudleowife. If the payment is cleared you can proceed.

eBay Virtual Assistant - Outsource your eBay store for greater efficiency at lower costs
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I do recommend not. Mostly because you do not feel comfy, and that is a lot of money to lose. I did look at your listing and even though you do not take returns, you have not been with ebay long enough to absorb a loss I fear. I fear myself on a order like that, it could very well be someone is going to take the guts out and say it does not work, open a case and send back a empty box, but I am really paranoid myself. You can listen to me or take the advise of the other people here, they have more experience than I, good luck.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

The buyer hasn't shopped on our marketplace for a year.  Now they come back and shop and you want to cancel the order?  I'm afraid if you do so, none of us will ever see this buyer again.  I sell to 0 feedback buyers all the time.  I can't remember the last loss to one of those buyers.  In most cases, when someone tries to scam me, there's nothing in their feedback to indicate they will be an issue.  The only feedback rating I ever look at is the feedback they leave other sellers.  And, that is never post sale, because once paid, I'm obligated to ship and take my chances.  That's my view, but YMMV.  Best of luck with your sale. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the Help, However the buyer has not made payment in over 4 days so I'm going to cancel the order.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

most ebaye rs have multiple ebay ID,one for selling,one for buying,one for chatting and one for mischief or browsing.

It is not uncommon to have multiple IDs for selling alone,just because an ID has not been used frequently,does not mean he is not active on Ebay.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

he could be reselling your game somewhere.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@harrisofun_0wrote:

Thanks for the Help, However the buyer has not made payment in over 4 days so I'm going to cancel the order.

What reason are you going to use to cancel the sale.

Why not open an item not paid case?

Have a great day
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@harrisofun_0wrote:

@harrisofun_0 Why not do the right thing and file an unpaid item case? The buyer hasn’t asked to cancel so you do realize that if you cancel, it is you gets a spank right? The buyer is let off without a warning. You need to file an unpaid item case. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thanks.  I contacted him and he has not done anything and that is what I will do. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@harrisofun_0 wrote:

Thanks.  I contacted him and he has not done anything and that is what I will do. 

Your winning bidder has bid on no fewer than four items from four different sellers in that same category recently, so it's possible that he may have won more than one auction, bought the cheapest win and is now ignoring all the others. (You can see that record by signing out of your account, then clicking on his disguised User ID in the bid history of your auction item.)

File the Unpaid Item dispute, and if you have not been paid within four full days (i.e. 96 hours) after the time of opening that dispute, you can then close it and get your Final Value Fees refunded. eBay will also put a nonpayment slap on the buyer's account. More nonpayments like that on his record and he will find himself blocked from a large percentage of auctions in future.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@harrisofun_0wrote:

You won't get your fees back if you do that.   

You can open a UID, unpaid item dispute, in 48 hrs and close in 96.  Buyer gets a strike and you get your fees back.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply