cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer received HALF his package

I sold a set of dumbbells and I had to ship them separately in 2 priority mail flat rate boxes. The packages were exactly the same, shipped at the same time, only tracking # was different.  These were both sent out Monday May 4th and here it is Monday May 11th. For some reason he only received 1 of the packages last week. When I track the other package it still shows "in transit' and it arrived in his city's USPS facility May 8th.

I asked the seller to give it a couple days (especially considering strange things happening during the pandemic), but I'm concerned he won't get his package. For one, they were 45lbs each (though I packed them really well with tape all around).

If he still doesn't receive his package in a few days, what should be my course of action?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Buyer received HALF his package

...file a claim with USPS, the package information will quickly show up...

...due to the heavy weight, there is some mis-handling in transit...

...as it was a Priority shipping, you will get the attention from Post Office and also a reimbursement if your package is lost...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

the 8th was Fri?  Give it a while......  you can go to the tracking page and ask for updates there, sometimes that seems to shake things loose.

Depending on when/if buyer files a case.....you can ask ebay for more time........  but ultimately you are responsible for the buyer getting the item......  If he doesn't, you'll have to refund.......  Tricky as to what  since he got one, but since it was sold as a set.....I would think total amount would have to be refunded......  You could require/pay for one to be returned, but not sure of the point of that........

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

My experience has been really heavy boxes take twice as long to arrive and there is never any guarantee items mailed at the same time will arrive at the same time.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Way too early to file a claim on insurance if you had it.  But you could go to USPS.com and put a trace on the package.  That often times will shake it loose so to speak and get it moving.

But the others are right.  You and the buyer need to give it some time.  I've had several packages get stuck for up to two weeks and then finally start moving again.  It is hard on both buyers and sellers.  Sellers just trying to do a good job for the buyer and for buyers wanting or needing what they ordered.  

Just stay on top of it and communicate with your buyer.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You can also try a call to the number on the USPS web site. If there is anyone there, they can pull up a lot more info than what is posted on line.  Was the box taped and secure?  If it fell apart in transit that can cause delays too.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

My "1-Day" Priority packages have been averaging 7-12 days in April & May.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

How do you put a trace on a package?  I have one now that has been stuck  in transit for a couple of weeks.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

As mentioned before, give it a bit more time. I had a few priority mail packages arrive a few days late. Hopefully, the buyer will receive the other dumbbell today or soon. IMG_8964.JPG

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@ibervillelake wrote:

How do you put a trace on a package?  I have one now that has been stuck  in transit for a couple of weeks.  Thanks!

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How to put a trace on a package? It works for me...google: USPS tracking...when it comes up: enter your tracking number in the space shown..it will bring up the details on this pkg...now down below you should see something like: sign for update notifications either text or email..click on all boxes and enter either cell# or email info and name too, I do both and you may be surprised how it seems to shake loose these pkgs..also look on their website at the "hot spot" map and it will show you where the trouble areas are.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

How to put a trace on a package? It works for me...google: USPS tracking...when it comes up: enter your tracking number in the space shown..it will bring up the details on this pkg...now down below you should see something like: sign for update notifications either text or email..click on all boxes and enter either cell# or email info and name too, I do both and you may be surprised how it seems to shake loose these pkgs..also look on their website at the "hot spot" map and it will show you where the trouble areas are.

Follow the instruction in the link provided to you in the above post. 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 12
latest reply