cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer quality at all time LOW

This fall, buyer quality has sunk to an ALL TIME LOW

problem #1:  aggressively bid up items, win then wants to cancel. ( the last one gave the reason that the price was too high ?....??????)

I have heard them all...my kid got into my phone, I didn’t mean to bid on this item (9 times)...

problem #2:  non payment... of the items that closed on Thanksgiving 33% are sitting in the resolution center due to non payment ...this is unacceptable ...and this  is representative of this Fall’s transactions...I spend too much time chasing payments instead of merchandising.. ( my favorite email, can I pay in 6 weeks...what? now I am a lending institution?)

eBAY, what are you doing ?   I have my buyer restriction settings at the tightest 

possible settings

the common characteristics with these dead beat buyers is:  under their current Ebay name they have bought less than 10 items.  Ebay I have no interest in being your training ground for new buyers.  My recommendations:  add to the buyer restrictions the ability to exclude new buyers under 25 purchases for sales over $50

eBAY you hold us sellers to high standards...time to do the same for buyers

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer quality at all time LOW

@mountainmommie wrote:

I received a beautiful feedback last night from a buyer. One of the best in awhile. It is not a coincidence that we share a love of Jesus Christ.

Just saying.

LOVE this post, @mountainmommie

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@mountainmommie wrote:

I received a beautiful feedback last night from a buyer. One of the best in awhile. It is not a coincidence that we share a love of Jesus Christ.

Just saying.

Well you and your buyer must be exceptions.  Sadly, there are many others who don't practice what they preach.  

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Since when has changing your mind about something been a failure of character? I hope nobody here has ever returned anything to Target or Lands End. No rational person buys something to plan to go through a ton of hassle only to get their own money back in the end. Things happen. It is a cost of doing business in this new economy.

The world is changing. You can be a dinosaur and try to make buyers pay for and keep things they don't want or you can try to keep up, accept the new future and mitigate damages.

BTW most of the people I see lined up to return things when I go into Target are not millenials. They don't buy the stuff to begin with. Most of them are minimalists.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Well, I think the way to go on these repeat non-payers is for ebay to restrict them on bidding. That is if they want an item on ebay, they can do BUY IT NOW. No more AUCTION for them (At least for a probational period) . This way sellers running auctions won't, at least for some time, deal with these repeat non-payers. Thank you. 

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Sellers can already block repeat non paying bidders through their bidder blocks. Of course that requires sellers to actually file UIDs.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

We would have to agree with you.  A lot of buyers we deal with do seem to have a sence of entitlement and simple manners are at a all time low also.  Best regards

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@papabuy_2000 wrote:

Well, I think the way to go on these repeat non-payers is for ebay to restrict them on bidding. That is if they want an item on ebay, they can do BUY IT NOW. No more AUCTION for them (At least for a probational period) . This way sellers running auctions won't, at least for some time, deal with these repeat non-payers. Thank you. 

Actually AFAIK they do this.  A buyer had posted that he was put in the Buyer Limits Program (not sure of the name of it) and he was restricted to buying fixed price or BIN.  He said he was put in the program by mistake and that it is extremely hard to get out of it.  He said they keep you in it until you learn good buying behavior.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@lewisburggold wrote:

We would have to agree with you.  A lot of buyers we deal with do seem to have a sence of entitlement and simple manners are at a all time low also.  Best regards

I've seen where some act like they are doing the seller a favor when they submit a Best Offer.  The seller has it listed for a certain price, you are asking them to take less, and you are doing them a favor?  I don't think so.  

You are right.  Manners can be hard to find these days.  

Message 24 of 24
latest reply