cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left negative with false statements about condition of item - is there any recourse???

I sold a purse to buyer.  She immediately left negative feedback stating the items had stains (which was a lie as the item was in pristine condition).  i responded to her negative feedback that she can return at her shipping cost or open a dispute if she believes there is a problem. 

Radio silence.

Ebay will only allow me to leave her positive feedback.

I tried to have ebay remove the negative, but of course they said that their policy was not violated.

Is there anything I can do???  

I was trying to be creative and wondered if i refund her one penny would the negative get removed?

This is very frustrating.

i appreciate everyone's assistance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Buyer left negative with false statements about condition of item - is there any recourse???

Based on your OP, the only ways I know how you’ll be able to remove that feedback would involve some cooperation from your buyer in terms of agreeing to a feedback revision (you decide how to “persuade” your buyer to do this), or having them open a return and you completely process it (I forget which sellers have this privilege. By “process” I’m referring to making sure the return closes without having eBay step in for a resolution.).

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Buyer left negative with false statements about condition of item - is there any recourse???

Sorry but EBAY will not help you.   EBAY considers feedback to be only customer's opinion and doesn't have to be factual. 

Even if you "refund all the money" negative feedback will still remain.   Only thing you can do is send customer "feedback revision" request and hope they are nice enough to change it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply