cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left me NEGATIVE, however he kept ( damaged) cards + did not ask for refund.Ebay says " not cl

Buyer left me NEGATIVE, however he kept ( damaged) cards + did not ask for refund.Ebay says " not classified as removable".HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Buyer left me NEGATIVE, however he kept ( damaged) cards + did not ask for refund.Ebay says &

Well, they stay there for a year... breathe..........

The best you can do is to take the high road in the feedback you leave. Maybe try something like:

"A full refund would have been issued on return. I wish you had reached out!"

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Re: Buyer left me NEGATIVE, however he kept ( damaged) cards + did not ask for refund.Ebay says &

I have been selling on eBay for over 10 years and one of the best pieces of advise I could give you (that I have learned through the years of my selling career) is to keep phoning eBay. Because every time you call, you will get a different representative and each person will give you a "completely" different answer.  Because in all of the years I have been selling, it has been very beneficial to keep calling eBay until I get the one person who will help me. There have been so many instances where I have been pulling my hair out, trying to contact an eBay representative who is genuinely concerned and opened minded enough to address and solve my issues in a justifiable and ethical manner. And, of course, I can not guarantee you will be able to get the negative feedback removed but it is definitely worth a shot. However, just for future information, I have discovered that about 90% of the time, I will get exactly what I want if I am patient enough to keep calling until I reach the right eBay representative. Good luck!!

C.C. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Ironically you are not wrong. The eBay reps are sooo poorly trained...
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Did the listing offer free returns? You'd have a chance that way.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

you have 1306 feedback, 1 negative, most people will see that and not give it any worry

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

This is always frustrating for a seller especially when it ruins your perfect FB.  So I completely understand how you feel.  Fortunately it won't hurt your account any.  

But a word of caution.  Your comment on the FB is worse than the FB itself.  As is your comment on the neutral FB you received.  Sellers do not do themselves any favors when they let their anger and emotions drive what they publish for all to see.  If you can't resist responding, your response should ALWAYS be professional and without emotion.  These are after all business transactions, no matter how frustrated you get.

As to getting it removed.  The CSR that told you it didn't breach any of the rules to get removed is correct.  Your buyer didn't say anything that would qualify for removal.  Buyers are not required to file for a return.  That is up to the buyer.  And they may have felt for the price it wasn't worth it to them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

The leaving of feedback really doesn't have anything to do with returns or refunds.  It is the buyer's opinion of the transaction.  If he didn't request a return or refund you get to keep the money and he can do as he wishes with his merchandise.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

After reading your response to the negative that you received and your post here, I'm curious as to why you called him a thief. Obviously he didn't steal the cards if he never asked for a return or refund.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

After reading your response to the negative that you received and your post here, I'm curious as to why you called him a thief. Obviously he didn't steal the cards if he never asked for a return or refund.

def right here, at best should have just let it go and not replied technically they can still get refund from ebay if wanted.  

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Of course it is not classified for removal. I do not understand why you think it is. A buyer who receives bent cards they paid good money for expects cards not bent. The purpose of feedback is to express how a buyer feels about the transaction. If you call Ebay they should remove YOUR feedback stating the buyer is a thief.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@cir-fazi wrote:

Buyer left me NEGATIVE, however he kept ( damaged) cards + did not ask for refund.Ebay says " not classified as removable".HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A buyer does not have to ask for a refund in order to leave feedback.

A buyer does not have to return an item in order to leave feedback.

There is nothing to "help" with.

The feedback is not removable.

As an aside ... in your unprofessional reply to the feedback, you called the buyer a "thief". If he did not ask for a refund or return, what exactly did he steal?

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Hello,

I understand how frustrating it can be to work hard to make sure that your customers are happy and that your feedback is all positive. 
However it will never be all positive forever. Sooner or later you will bump into someone who has an issue and wishes to express it in negative feedback. (without contacting you)

PLEASE try not to take it personally and DO NOT EVER attack your customers in your replies to the feedback. This does WAY more damage to your reputation than a single negative.

If I as a buyer saw that reply that you chose to leave I would shy away from purchasing because I would worry that if I had an issue you would attack me and make things hard for me. 

Always just state the facts. "Always happy to help a customer if I am contacted about an issue." 
This gets the point across that you are a helpful seller but also that this buyer did this without even bothering to engage you for a resolution. 

I know that it can be frustrating but take a minute to fume about it and then let it go and continue to serve your customers well.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Sorry for the late reply.

Came accross these messages by accident.

I have just noticed your suggestion.

Came upon several other ebayers leaving me suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to be helpful.

Ciro

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Sorry for the late reply.

Came accross these messages by accident.

I have just noticed your suggestion.

Came upon several other ebayers leaving me suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to be helpful.

Ciro

Message 15 of 18
latest reply