cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer left a false negative (confirmed)!

7F54EA2F-008D-40A9-81A5-5285239592B4.jpeg

 This is a follow-up from my previous post. I emailed eBay to have the negative feedback removed, but no luck as others said eBay is on the buyer's side. During this event, I contacted the buyer to request a picture of the incorrect item that was sent. Neither less to say I was right, he attempted to scam me! But luckily? I set the listing with no return accepted policy so he wouldn't be able to open an INAD against me. At this point, should I continue fighting to have the negative removed or move on and reply to the buyer's comment, which is calling out him as a scammer? 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer left a false negative (confirmed)!

@dhbookds wrote:

@doc-holmes wrote:

@lonebuck-books wrote:

If the feedback doesn't meet any of the items that eBay lists as feedback violations, they won't remove it.  When a seller says a buyer is lying, it essentially turns into a he said/she said argument and eBay isn't going to get in the middle of it.  Even if you have pictures, they won't remove it.  They aren't taking sides, they just aren't going to take one side over the other.  They put in a response option for sellers so they can tell their side of the story and let future buyers decide who they believe.  

A well crafted non-emotional and non-accusitory response will make future buyers comfortable with you.  Calling the buyer a 'scammer' in your response will not help your case and will turn buyers off.  Just say the buyer mistakenly confused your order with a different order and move on.

Oh, and listing an item as "no returns" does not keep buyers from filing a INAD claim.  They can file a claim for anything that the MBG covers regardless of your return policy.  All a no return policy does is keeps the buyer from having to return an item after a claim is granted.  You still will be forced to refund the full amount, you just won't get the item back.  No returns does not mean no refunds.  

Not quite. If a buyer opens a claim, the item still has to be returned, no returns policy or not. All a no returns policy means us you can decline remorse returns. INADs still need to be returned to get a refund. 

Not quite.........if the seller doesn't answer the claim with the "return for refund" option checked, or the seller "lets ebay handle it".........the item doesn't have to be returned for the buyer to get a refund........  Letting ebay handle it, gives a refund to the buyer, lets him keep the item,  and gives a "without seller resolution" defect from ebay to the seller.

I was going on the assumption the seller would do what they have to. Not replying to a claim is a different topic. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@dstyletique wrote:

But luckily? I set the listing with no return accepted policy so he wouldn't be able to open an INAD against me. 

As you now know, a No Returns policy is not a No Refunds policy. If he is successful in filing a Not As Described dispute (which it sounds like he has), he will be getting a refund regardless of whether you want the watch returned. I would ask for it to be returned before refunding (eBay will back you up on that request as long as you respond to the dispute with that answer before your deadline expires), and then you can try to sell it again.

I have to say, that Casio F-91W you sold looks incomplete, as if the faceplate insert got lost in the course of changing the battery. The photo of what he claims to have received is a normal F-91W.

You might also want to lose that ridiculous ChatGPT description, as certain details within it are wrong anyway. I cannot tell if the dimensions given are accurate, but the F-91W does not have an LED display (it's a Liquid Crystal Display), and is not luminous. (It uses a subminiature incandescent light source.)

In conclusion, just take the watch back for a refund, revise/correct the description, and have another go at it. Good luck.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I had something similar happen to me with a pair of Bose Sunglasses awhile back.  It turned out the Buyer had a pair already, which had broken.  After receiving the ones I sold him, he tried to start a claim saying that I sent him a broken pair.  I requested photos of the broken glasses, which he uploaded (his own of course) and then I submitted my photos from the auction that proved they were not the same pair.  He knew he was caught and backed off, luckily.

My solution:  For higher-value items, I now take a short VIDEO on my phone, as I pack the item and seal the package.  I show:

1.)  a close up of the item in the box

2.)  me sealing the box

3.)  I then use a brightly colored Sharpie to put X's across the tape and onto the box.. I go in close up on those in the video, so you can see each one.

4.)  I then take a photo at the post office, of them accepting the box with the Sharpie marks intact... taking care that the photo shows the X's up close, just like in the video.  You can take a video at the post office instead, but I find the postal workers are more comfortable with the photo.

I actually had another Buyer attempt something funny after I started doing this.  Once my box showed up and he realized what the X's were for, he suddenly was perfectly behaved.  lol

I hope this helps someone!  Sad we even have to do these things.  😞

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Glad you asked, the buyer’s watch on the right picture is the swapped one. He claimed he received the wrong one with the blue ring and stuff. When in reality I shipped the blacked out one. The buyer was supposed to receive the all black one. 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@thefisherqueen wrote:

My solution:  For higher-value items, I now take a short VIDEO on my phone, as I pack the item and seal the package.

While that might help if you file a small claims court case against the buyer yourself you should be aware that Ebay does not view videos when resolving NAD disputes. If the buyer files you will end up refunding anyway so at least try to get the disputed item back first.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

The listing was for a casio stealth mod version (black out) . The pictures I uploaded were taken in a daylight. Buyer couldn’t have missed out the design. The point is buyer swapped to an old-ass similar casio watch and claims he received that one (his). 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Using 'no returns' does NOT stop a buyer from FORCING a refund/return for 'Not As Described'. 

as far as that picture goes, the item the buyer is showing is different and therefore WOULD quality 'not as described' (I'm sure that's not what you sent, but you have no proof so tie goes to the runner (buyer). 

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

I’m moving on I already replied his negative comment in hopes he won’t open any INAD case. Lesson learned 

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

@dstyletique wrote:

I’m moving on I already replied his negative comment in hopes he won’t open any INAD case. Lesson learned 

That reply is probably as good as any. Return swaps such as this one (okay - he has not returned it yet but is probably hoping to bully you into a refund by maybe offering to remove the Neg if you do) are a risk of selling here.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply