cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer has multiple feedback same exact comments from different sellers

How can it be? Buyer has multiple feedback same exact comments from different sellers. I have seen this a few times. There is no way this is possible.

This morning I got a message to see if I was opened to an offer. I looked to see the feedback and read only  a few. The first 10 or 11 read exactly the same. "Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended". Then the next one is different and back to the same.

Above the message in the message was a banner message from Ebay regarding exchange of your personal information. Does Ebay recognize this account as possible scam or it just their usually random messages. Either way, I'm not comfortable with buyers who have this. 

I think it's also probably a good idea to avoid business and/or block these buyers? Would you agree?

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

eBay offers sellers the option to automatically leave feedback when a buyer pays for their item.  The seller can customize these comments, or they can just rely on the default 4 or 5 comments which eBay leaves.  Looks to me like your buyer purchases items from sellers who have chosen this automatic feedback option.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

eBay offers sellers the option to automatically leave feedback when a buyer pays for their item.  The seller can customize these comments, or they can just rely on the default 4 or 5 comments which eBay leaves.  Looks to me like your buyer purchases items from sellers who have chosen this automatic feedback option.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Agree with Nobody's...........

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

You lost me at, "There is no way this is possible."

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@ca42388 wrote:

How can it be? Buyer has multiple feedback same exact comments from different sellers. I have seen this a few times. There is no way this is possible.

This morning I got a message to see if I was opened to an offer. I looked to see the feedback and read only  a few. The first 10 or 11 read exactly the same. "Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended". Then the next one is different and back to the same.

[...]

I think it's also probably a good idea to avoid business and/or block these buyers? Would you agree?

Have you not noticed that you have received these same comments in your own Feedback as a Buyer?

They're just picked from a list of 4 or 5 canned comments offered by eBay to someone who wants to leave feedback but cannot think of something original to say.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Look at your own feedback received as a buyer. I see the same comments from separate sellers – three in a row with the exact same wording. Indeed, it is possible.

by your logic, no one should trust you as a buyer or a seller.  maybe you are right. Maybe every user with multiple identical feedback receive from different users is a scammer. My only advice to you is to add your own username to your blocked buyer list.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Perhaps the sellers are much like you in the feedback given to buyers 🙂

same.jpg

Unless it is something oddly odd it is not uncommon to see repeated phrases 

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

My Experience has Been that Those Feedbacks that are All The Same are from Sellers who Sell New Products

like Packing Tape and Ball Point Pens and New Bath Mats..and Other New Items..They have Their Feedback Comments Saved and After a Sale..they All Say the Same Thing to Thank Their Buyers. Those Same Words.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

All the sellers are using the auto feedback tool on here. That is the second option to choose from. Personally, I only use that for repeat customers. You will see me use the same for buyers with fb under 100. It simply says, Fast payment. Hope to deal with you again. Thanks and God bless." The others vary.

FYI, you can create your own fb if you want and add it to the choices. I've done that as well. 

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

@trbl13 wrote:

My Experience has Been that Those Feedbacks that are All The Same are from Sellers who Sell New Products

like Packing Tape and Ball Point Pens and New Bath Mats..and Other New Items..They have Their Feedback Comments Saved and After a Sale..they All Say the Same Thing to Thank Their Buyers. Those Same Words.

Ok but Seriously Now...

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

@ca42388 wrote:

Have you looked at the feedback you received as a buyer, a lot of it is the same, should you be avoided?

Have a great day
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

lol, I guess I'm not explaining it best on what I mean. Yes, I use auto feedback. I'm trying to ask, let me try again what I mean. 

I'm the seller and there is a looker and/or potential buyer. The buyer, not the seller (not my fb) their feedback stream. How is it possible? 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

I use the same wording in all my FB because shipping from Canada I believe it helps to remind the buyer that their purchase won't arrive yesterday.

"Thank you for your prompt purchase. Shipped 11/2/2024 Canada Post Air Mail."
I have to change the date daily of course.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Why the attack like this? Your being very rude and it's uncalled for. A person comes to the community for help not to be insulted. Be nice! 

I guess I'm not explaining it best on what I mean. Yes, I use auto feedback. I'm trying to ask, let me try again what I mean. 

I'm the seller and there is a looker and/or potential buyer. The buyer, not the seller (not my fb) their feedback stream. How is it possible? 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

You're making zero sense, and overthinking this WAY too much.  By all means, PLEASE block me!

Message 15 of 28
latest reply