cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer got item,sold it,and asks return???where is Ebay??

Sold 2 items,buyer got them.

Sold the one with his user id,i have item id and prooves its the same...

And now he has on active listing the other to sell it...

He opened return request claim damaged...

Phone called ebay,they told me accept return and when you get delivery appeal...

What???are we serius??What he is gonna to return??

The item he sold to someone else??

Please help me,if there is any policy to covers me....

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer got item,sold it,and asks return???where is Ebay??

You should rebuy your item & return it when it arrives. He plays his games, you play yours..

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

I don't know what you sell, but I sell vintage/collectibles. I never met so many shady people until I got into this business. Don't price so low that resellers even want to bother looking at your listings. Price too high for them and they move along to some other unfortunate seller who is pricing too low. You will end up selling to someone who simply wants the items for themselves. I imagine this holds true for new in box items as well. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

As someone else pointed out if he purchased 2, then both is what he would have to return in order to receive a full refund. Since he already sold one, which relieves you of the Ebay MBG pertaining to that particular one, then I would contact Ebay and make sure to speak with someone who can assist you. I am unaware of how things are handled internationally, only with the US. Different countries may have didn't policies and a set of rules they go by. At the very least you will have to accept the return and then handle it from there.

Although you may inform the buyer of what you know and he may just go away. There has been times I have flat called a buyer out for their shady behavior and they cease and go away. It could backfire though, if you do wish to tell them just keep it polite and professional. I would say that you are aware that they had already sold 1 item and since he cannot return both in original condition per EBay's MBG you're requesting him to close the return or you'll have to report him to Ebay for abusing the MBG and provide the proof you have which could cause him to be barred from the protection for any future transactions. Maybe would spook him enough to stop with the fraudulent claim.

If you call Ebay back, make sure to pull their policies up in front of you on the computer as they've been known to sway from them and make stuff up. Provide them the proof you have that he sold the other item, although I don't know how exactly that proves it is the same exact one unless they have a serial number that both you included within the listing and he did also. Maybe he's done this before to other sellers and has a history of it, which they'll be able to see and not inform you of. It's for you to use your best judgment on what will work best for you.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

This kind of buyer should not have any space on eBay, the point is, he already scammed you, now even if you ask him to return the item, he might tell you that item was damaged he threw away or he might send you back empty box to just proof he returned the item where he will get also his money back and also keep the product.

what i will suggest you to not to ask buyer to return the item, he is already scammer he cannot send you original item because he already sold he so he will sure send you empty box to prove his return is completed.call cs and tell them he already scammed and how you will be protected if he return empty box to you.

my second suggestion is to call pay-pal and file a case against this buyer and explain them to see if something can come up.

my third and fair suggestion is not to sell expensive items on ebay if you sell it take the insurance from carrier, like this buyer scammed you, so after loosing all you can still file a claim with carrier to get your money back.

Report this buyer, if in case you no get resolution from ebay in your favor then block this buyer and also report this buyer to some websites where there is big data base of bad buyers. if you can afford also report to police and take this buyer to court.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

This kind of buyer should not have any space on eBay, the point is, he already scammed you, now even if you ask him to return the item, he might tell you that item was damaged he threw away or he might send you back empty box to just proof he returned the item where he will get also his money back and also keep the product.

what i will suggest you to not to ask buyer to return the item, he is already scammer he cannot send you original item because he already sold he so he will sure send you empty box to prove his return is completed.call cs and tell them he already scammed and how you will be protected if he return empty box to you.

my second suggestion is to call pay-pal and file a case against this buyer and explain them to see if something can come up.

my third and fair suggestion is not to sell expensive items on ebay if you sell it take the insurance from carrier, like this buyer scammed you, so after loosing all you can still file a claim with carrier to get your money back.

Active sellers on Ebay buy things off Ebay to resell on Ebay and other sites all the time.  They have since the beginning.  There isn't anything wrong with doing that if done responsibly.  The buyer this OP has is not doing things in a responsible manner.  

If the buyer wants to return an item but claims they threw it away for whatever reason they may have.  The all the seller needs to do is stick to return for refund.  If the buyer can't return the item, the seller does NOT have to refund the buyer.  If the buyer claims the item was thrown away in an Ebay email and then ships you back an empty box, again Ebay should work with the seller as it would be easy to prove the buyer was trying to take advantage of the system and the seller.

What purpose does a PP claim against the buyer serve?  What kind of case can a seller file against a buyer on PP?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

i guess you even not read the thread before you reply to my post, please read the thread , this member been scammed by buyer, buyer claimed he received damaged item , and he sell same item to other person, which is scam.
both seller and buyer can file claim on pp about being scammed, i can give you tons of example for this. i would suggest you read the thread again.

regarding if some buyer return empty box to seller and seller even reach to ebay, ebay check tracking status, ebay cannot check when buyer pack the item or when seller receive the item. tracking is base, that is reason item not receive case is granted in favor of seller when tracking shows its delivered.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Sellers can't file a PayPal claim. Please don't spread fake news
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@uniwarehousewares wrote:

i guess you even not read the thread before you reply to my post, please read the thread , this member been scammed by buyer, buyer claimed he received damaged item , and he sell same item to other person, which is scam.
both seller and buyer can file claim on pp about being scammed, i can give you tons of example for this. i would suggest you read the thread again.

regarding if some buyer return empty box to seller and seller even reach to ebay, ebay check tracking status, ebay cannot check when buyer pack the item or when seller receive the item. tracking is base, that is reason item not receive case is granted in favor of seller when tracking shows its delivered.

I read what you posted.  I even quoted it.  You can re-visit my posts and tell that I read the thread.  Now you may not agree with me, but that is completely different.

OK, so you say a seller can file a claim on PP against a buyer.  The same question I asked before I ask again, HOW?  That is nothing I've ever seen before.  It is nothing I've ever noticed on the PP site before either.  Where do we find the link to do this?  What is the process?

Reading this thread does NOT answer the question of filing a claim against a buyer in PP.  You brought it up, so we are deferring to you to explain how this is accomplished.

In the same post that you talked about receiving an empty box you also said the buyer may have stated that they thew the item away.  "...he might tell you that item was damaged he threw away or he might send you back empty box to just proof he returned the item where he will get also his money back and also keep the product."  I was simply adding that if the buyer did state that in an Ebay email and then went ahead and shipped back an empty box the seller may very well be able to get Ebay to side with them on a claim.

I'm aware how the tracking works and the protections for both buyers and sellers for both INRs and Return Requests.  I was simply commenting to a more specific situation that you outlined in your previous post.

I'm not trying to upset you.  I'm just looking for more specific information from you in regards to HOW you file a claim in PP against a buyer.  I don't know how to do it and I can't find how to do it, so please advise.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pucetinowsed wrote:

Sold 2 items,buyer got them.

Sold the one with his user id,i have item id and prooves its the same...

And now he has on active listing the other to sell it...

He opened return request claim damaged...

Phone called ebay,they told me accept return and when you get delivery appeal...

What???are we serius??What he is gonna to return??

The item he sold to someone else??

Please help me,if there is any policy to covers me....

Hi @pucetinowsed, I wasn't able to find any transactions on the account you are posting with that match what you describe. If this is related to a different account, I encourage you to contact Customer Service to go into further detail about the sales. In general, if there is definitive evidence that a buyer has listed the items they received from you, then they would no longer be eligible for the Money Back Guarantee. Since your account is registered in Greece, it is possible this transaction may have occurred on another one of our sites (eBay.co.uk, eBay.it, etc.) so different steps may be taken to investigate than what you may find on eBay.com. Either way, you can submit any documentation you have to support your concerns with the buyer's selling activity to the request and Customer Service can review for appropriate action.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply