cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry or no?

Item sold on 6/30/17.  Shipped Fedex to confirmed paypal address (Kyle, Tx) with full insurance and signature confirmation on 7/2/17.   On 7/13, buyer opens INR, says "Says it was delivered but it wasnt".  I check tracking, shows delivery on 7/7 to Buda, TX.  Buda??? Signed for by someone too.  I go back, double check all my shipping info, that I had it all correct, yes.  Then I decide to google the buyer's name.  Google tells me the buyer is the owner of a food truck in, where of all places?  Buda Tx.  The buyer is asian and the food truck sells Thai food.  So to put all the pieces together, it appears a Fedex redirect was made by the buyer, shipped to their business, and signed for.   I shipped it to the paypal address and have a signature confirmation of delivery.  Do I need to be worried about anything?  

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry

Under FedEx rules, only the shipper can reroute a package; and he has to call FedEx on the phone!

Sellers needs to set up their own FedEx accounts and link it to their eBay account.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 16 of 52
latest reply

Re: Buyer files INR case, possible Fedex redirect. Have delivery & signature confirmation. Worry

Unfortuntely, you are not the shipper on record. Ebay is. FedX will help you IF you know ebays account number and I can tell you they wont give it to you.

Has this case been closed?

You can avoid this in the future by opening your own FedX account and linking it with Ebay. A FedX rep can help you do that. To get Smartpost on your account you have to talk to the Rep so they can add it.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 17 of 52
latest reply

@luvmy280z wrote:

Item sold on 6/30/17.  Shipped Fedex to confirmed paypal address (Kyle, Tx) with full insurance and signature confirmation on 7/2/17.   On 7/13, buyer opens INR, says "Says it was delivered but it wasnt".  I check tracking, shows delivery on 7/7 to Buda, TX.  Buda??? Signed for by someone too.  I go back, double check all my shipping info, that I had it all correct, yes.  Then I decide to google the buyer's name.  Google tells me the buyer is the owner of a food truck in, where of all places?  Buda Tx.  The buyer is asian and the food truck sells Thai food.  So to put all the pieces together, it appears a Fedex redirect was made by the buyer, shipped to their business, and signed for.   I shipped it to the paypal address and have a signature confirmation of delivery.  Do I need to be worried about anything?  

I am not sure if any of the preceeding hoop jumping and rigmarole has any relevance.

To my understanding all you have to do is enter the tracking information via copy and paste into the open case. You'll want to access both the 'shipped items' page so that you can retrieve the tracking number and then you will want to open the case and look for a box where it will allow you to enter that tracking number.  

You need to do that or the case may close in the buyer's favor, however once you have entered the tracking number you're covered under ebay's seller protection scheme as far as the INR goes.

You probably still need to do that.

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

Open your own Fed Ex account and then buy ebay labels so you will be the shipper of record using Fed Ex.

Call ebay to get the case closed in your favor as long as you have all the proof to do so now uploaded.

Something sounds a bit strange on teh original delivery and signed for.:(

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

Under FedEx rules, only the shipper can reroute a package; and he has to call FedEx on the phone!

Sellers needs to set up their own FedEx accounts and link it to their eBay account.

That is what I thought as well.

The other way would be scam magnet for people to say they never received it.

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 - if the seller did not select "no redirect" then any buyer can change the address.  If it shows Delivered, that may help, but if it was shipped and signed for at a different address, the seller will have a problem with delivery and may have to pay for an address change too 😞  

I've seen it posted on the boards that even if the seller calls FedEx and they used eBay's account, FedEx will not give out any information to a non-account holder 😞 

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@*eponymous* wrote:

But if you go to their site, the new "Delivery Manager" It does allow the receiver to change the delivery location! I went through the process (as far as I dared so as not to actually change it, with a package I have coming) and it IS an option for the receiver.

Now, what their internal programming shows?? Who knows.. Perhaps they ask for ID and mark it as delivered to the original address?  That's not exactly honest though is it?

My son works for Fedex- God help him and I can ask him about it but they did add this to their "Delivery Options" for the receiver.

It's terrifying...

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

Sorry, I should have read the previous responses before posting.

Message 23 of 52
latest reply

@postingid2017 wrote:

@emerald40 - if the seller did not select "no redirect" then any buyer can change the address.  If it shows Delivered, that may help, but if it was shipped and signed for at a different address, the seller will have a problem with delivery and may have to pay for an address change too 😞  

I've seen it posted on the boards that even if the seller calls FedEx and they used eBay's account, FedEx will not give out any information to a non-account holder 😞 

All my items go out Fed Ex and have been for 18 years and I have never been informed that a buyer can have the item shipped somewhere else.

Is this a new change.

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@*eponymous* wrote:

But if you go to their site, the new "Delivery Manager" It does allow the receiver to change the delivery location! I went through the process (as far as I dared so as not to actually change it, with a package I have coming) and it IS an option for the receiver.

Now, what their internal programming shows?? Who knows.. Perhaps they ask for ID and mark it as delivered to the original address?  That's not exactly honest though is it?

My son works for Fedex- God help him and I can ask him about it but they did add this to their "Delivery Options" for the receiver.

It's terrifying...

So nice of them to alert us because I never knew of this change.  It is a nighmare waiting to happen.

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@*eponymous* wrote:

It's terrifying...

So nice of them to alert us because I never knew of this change.  It is a nighmare waiting to happen.

I agree completely.. I immediately took Fedex off of any listings that had the option. It was very few but still....

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

https://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/

ebb1929a02dfba6382d4fa29095d088b

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 27 of 52
latest reply

Since starting on ebay everything I have ever sent went Fed Ex.  And I never had a problem.  In fact I was impressed with their service.  But this change greatly concerns me considering I sell expensive diamond jewelry.

I never liked UPS after they threw a package in my back yard well knowing my two german shepards were back there.   The package was completely destroyed by the time I got home in the afternoon.

If a buyer only offers it, no matter how much I want the item, I pass on it.

I guess I will now switch everything over to USPS.

Message 28 of 52
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Since starting on ebay everything I have ever sent went Fed Ex.  And I never had a problem.  In fact I was impressed with their service.  But this change greatly concerns me considering I sell expensive diamond jewelry.

I never liked UPS after they threw a package in my back yard well knowing my two german shepards were back there.   The package was completely destroyed by the time I got home in the afternoon.

That sucks Em..

As I posted, I'm not sure what the internals are- perhaps one of us needs to call and ask them about this very thing..

I'll ask my son but he's a carrier so may not be that versed on this policy.. 

And just an FYI they do CHARGE for the service.. **Giant EYE-ROLL**  That almighty dollar... 

~Pika~

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

That sucks Em..

As I posted, I'm not sure what the internals are- perhaps one of us needs to call and ask them about this very thing..

I'll ask my son but he's a carrier so may not be that versed on this policy.. 

And just an FYI they do CHARGE for the service.. **Giant EYE-ROLL**  That almighty dollar... 

Charge who?  The purchaser for a service they do not want.

Can you opt out of it?

Message 30 of 52
latest reply