cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer did not recognize transaction claim filed with CC - buyer claims fraud on his end

Hi - I know this topic has been beaten down on this message board, but here's my twist:  The buyer admits that he ordered and received the item, but that SOMEONE ELSE filed the claim (fraudulently) with his CC company.  I am willing to give the benefit of a doubt here, and the item was of very low value so I don't really care what happens (though I would be p.o.'d if the buyer ends up getting the item for free).

Has anyone else had this experience?  What would be the benefit of a third party disputing the charge (plausibly)? 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Buyer did not recognize transaction claim filed with CC - buyer claims fraud on his end

Thank @downunder-61....

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

Re: Buyer did not recognize transaction claim filed with CC - buyer claims fraud on his end

I am very sorry that I end up hijacking your issues.  **bleep** the people that are trying to take advantage off you.  Please look at my selling account.  I have been in your issues.  Any way, just tell them, that your second account its mine.  They can buy from me any time.  I will give you some money back when they purchase.  I am very transparent.  I don't hide any thing from any one.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@joseh1445Please go away.  You're not only hijacking a thread unrelated to your absolutely insane claims, but you're doing this in multiple places and causing problems.  I'm rather glad, for one, that you got a "time out" from eBay.  Perhaps you need to take one from these boards too and spend some time reflecting on what led you to this place.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@us.piase, just respond to the claim itself as normal with the tracking information (yes, even though eBay has it) and tell the customer he needs to report this to his credit card company (not because that's your duty, but because it should successfully deflect any criticism from him onto them, and save you any more hassle).  Then, I'd personally probably stop responding to him after that.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@joseh1445 wrote:

Furthermore.  I am sending all of this to the FCC.  If you din't know.  FCC, its a governmental agency.  Not ebay. Meaning its a governmental issue. 

FCC = Federal Communications Commission

What does that have to do with ebay? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@joseh1445 wrote:

Furthermore.  I am sending all of this to the FCC.  If you din't know.  FCC, its a governmental agency.  Not ebay. Meaning its a governmental issue. 

I think he is probably thinking of the FTC - Federal TRADE Commission - although it would be irrelevant there as well.

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@joseh1445 wrote:

I think he is probably thinking of the FTC - Federal TRADE Commission - although it would be irrelevant there as well.

At least they'll send him a form email saying so.  It'll be part of a vast conspiracy since eBay probably did the same thing, and no one on the boards is agreeing with them.   

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 22 of 22
latest reply