cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims that not all items not received in shipment but I know everything was sent.

I got a message from a buyer claiming that they did not receive everything that I know was shipped and that part of the items did not work even though I tested them before they were sent.  Has this ever happened to you and if so how did you handle it?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer claims that not all items not received in shipment but I know everything was sent.

It has happened several times.

(1) If something is missing, I ask what is missing since the contents were verified before shipping ... sometimes they are expecting something that wasn't part of the sale.

(2) If something is not working, I ask what is not working since it was tested prior to shipment ... sometimes it works, but they do not know how to operate the item.

If they still claim it is incomplete, or missing, I imagine that they are gaming for a return (since you don't have a return policy).  I tell them that I apologize for the inconvenience, and they are welcome to return the item.  As you probably know, eBay will force you to refund all money to the buyer if a buyer claims an item is incomplete or not working, so be polite (whether or not the item is returned to you is up to you, and it will be at your expense).

(By the way, sometimes buyers will try to get a partial refund, but if I'm certain that the item worked and was complete, then I will only take a return.)

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Re: Buyer claims that not all items not received in shipment but I know everything was sent.

Thank you, that is very helpful information.  I will take your advice.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

p.s. I hope you dont mind but I copied part of the wording from your return policy.  From what you said, it sounds like having a return policy could help with this issue in the future.  Thanks again for your help.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

sounds like having a return policy could help with this issue

All ebayers have a return policy which now is 30 or 60 days. If buyer requests refund ebay will side with buyer after they escalate the case and refund their money even if item not returned. If you have 30 days returns you can still get a negative up to 60 days after sale. And paypal claim can be raised up to 180 days after sale. Unfortunately many people know this and scam for free items. Ask them to return the item through ebay returns process.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Contact retrose1.....she has the correct procedure nailed down on these open/damaged box cases, including filing forms with mail fraud depts. If the box wasn't marked damaged/opened from USPS you can usually assume it wasn't, and that the buyer is fibbing. 

I take it was the phones? 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Thank you and Yes, it was the phones! I dont think I am going to sell electroincs on ebay again, we have had similar issues happen with some others. So irritating.....
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I would have the buyer weigh the items they received in the same box with packaging then compare with what you paid for.  You will find your answer.   Sounds like buyer fishing for partial refund or got the item in a lot they needed. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

This situation keeps happening to me except theyre saying they arent in the condition specified while i know for a fact they are and so what does ebay do? They let the buyer keep the item and force me to pay a refund even though "no refunds" is stated clearly on the page........
So i lose my items and my money. Wtfing f ebay
Message 9 of 9
latest reply