cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claiming I sold them something without any proof

Hi! I was contacted by a "customer" who asked why I didn't ship out 2 items they said they ordered. I have no record of the sale nor any PayPal records saying I received any money from them. I keep asking them to provide proof but they refuse. Is there anything I can do on my end? Thanks again in advance!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Buyer claiming I sold them something without any proof

Ask the buyer to please verify the email address their paypal payment was sent to, the transaction ID and date paid.  If they actually paid they will have this info and you can look up the transaction with the ID.  If they refuse then there is nothing you can do.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Once I had a buyer buy things from me under one ID and then message me using another.  Very confusing.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Let them know you never received payment.  If they have an issue , let them know they can put in a claim with Ebay or Paypal and get their money back.  However, since no money was ever sent...they will not get any payment back

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

This happens to me once every few months..  A buyer simply pays for everything at once. And Ebay does not pick up all the items. They think they paid even if it says pay now on there screen.

Bubba Redneck
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

That happened to me recently. I called eBay and they were very helpful in resolving the issue and verifying that the transaction never took place.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@ganx41 wrote:

Hi! I was contacted by a "customer" who asked why I didn't ship out 2 items they said they ordered. I have no record of the sale nor any PayPal records saying I received any money from them. I keep asking them to provide proof but they refuse. Is there anything I can do on my end? Thanks again in advance!

Sounds like a phishing email. Did it completely lack any details? That's a usual sign.

Did you click on any links in the message? If so did they take you to an eBay sign-in page? If so you might want to change your eBay password.

I haven't seen one of these for a few years but I'm sure they are still out there.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ganx41 wrote:

@ganx41 - The past couple of week's other sellers have been reporting the same problem/issue.

You might want to read through this thread:  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Buyer-Claims-to-have-bought-item-that-doesn-t-appear-to-have/td...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks a lot! They stopped messaging me after I started ignoring them. Appreciate it!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I got the message through eBay messager. I didn't click on any links but changed my password to be safe. They stopped messaging me after I told them I had no record of any transaction and I was going to contact eBay. Seems a lot of people have been going through this recently. Thanks for the repy!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

like I said before

(1)They paid for all items at once and sometimes some items do not include in pay all.

(2) they put it in a shopping card and thought that they purchased it

(3) 10% of buyers are idiots also

It is one of those three reasons

Bubba Redneck
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Block and Ignore. You can ask for a item # or PayPal transaction number but I wouldn't communicate anymore.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply