cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Paid 11/24 i shipped same day. Returned to seller 12/15 PO Box vacant. Any Suggestions?

I tried calling left message no reply. I ebay messaged no reply. Should i just refund or wait.  I left them posative feedback as soon as they paid. It was their first purchase as a ebay member. I realy want them to get what they paid for or at least refund them. But i do not want to process the refund until i at least hear from them. What do you all think?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Buyer Paid 11/24 i shipped same day. Returned to seller 12/15 PO Box vacant. Any Suggestions?

I would just refund minus your shipping costs at this point.  Not everyone knows how to work eBay and they may not have even seen your message.  Not a lot you can do at this point.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

Attempted delivery is considered delivered. Refund minus the shipping costs and sell to someone else. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

I would wait until buyer contacts you...for a refund. As a "first purchase as a ebay member"...sometimes these buyers do become "no longer a registered user"...and giving a refund would not go to the buyer.

I usually get a few items returned every month and buyers never contact me.

I do take a photo of item returned to me to show buyer if they ever do contact me.

I don't try to contact buyer with emails as well. Not much one can do accept wait a few months to see if buyer contacts you.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Sounds hinky to me! 

Item bounced sending to a 0 feedback person and a PO Box.    Forwarding should be in place for a year.  

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

You don't owe them a cent according to eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Refunding the selling price minus any eBay or other fees does seem a reasonable compromise.

Not the shipping cost though, that went to the shipping company which did it's job.

And no refund until you have the saleable item back in your hands.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

I would just wait until the buyer contacts you. This time of year is a bit crazy for some people and the buyer could be offline for a few days. In February of last year I was offline for over two weeks traveling where there was no internet connectivity as strange as that may seem those places do exist. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

Thank you all for your suggestions. This is a picture of the return package i received. I will keep the coin for them at least for a while. Just in case they come back.

20231218_180108.jpg

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Just had one of those.

I refunded in full. I will eat the shipping charge as a cost of doing business.  No claims, no chargebacks, no headache.

I messaged the buyer with photos of the label and the return stickers, and to notify that they had been refunded. Buyer says USPS error.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

My buyer has not returned any ebay messages. This was their first ebay purchase.

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Simple, refund it in full before you get a chargeback.  A partial refund will not service the chargeback.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

I want them to get their refund. I just want a reply from them so i know their getting it. What if they want the original purchase? I would gladly ship it to them again for free. This was their first purchase and i would like them to come back to ebay and buy more. I free ship almost all my items. Thank you for your suggestions.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

I had one a few weeks ago (different site).

The buyer in Iceland refused to pay duty and sales taxes and the shipment was returned.

I will reship if he pays the return postage, but so far he hasn't even asked for his $100USD back.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

My business model says to run from such situations. YMMV

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Did you try googling their name and address?  A long time ago I had a buyer who never paid for an antique clock where he was the winning bidder of the auction.  He was someone with nothing but stellar feedbacks way back when buyers feedback actually meant something.  Out of curiosity, I googled his name and address and found it in the obituaries unfortunately.  Hopefully that's not what happened to your buyer, but it's worth checking into.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply