cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

They just posted a negative feedback in the last 30 minutes.

Here's what happened.

hmm.. In the first email, they said thank you for careful packing, and in the one before last, they claimed several were broken and many were repaired, all they showed me was one picture where it was not clear if it was repaired, no mention of broken ones until the end. I ship many glass/China items and have not had any problems for years.

So sellers, please don't give in to any scammers demanding partial refunds. I checked their feedback left for others, and this one gives positive feedback to sellers who cave in and negative for any seller that stands up and doesn't comply.

Like most sellers, I will go out of my way to ensure the customer is happy with their purchase as long as there is a legit issue or they ask in a nice way, but for buyers like this one, I will not stand for their scams online, on the streets, or on Mars.

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

This is why looking at feedback left for others is so very important. It is a great check and balance system. Buyers who participate in these kinds of behaviors  on a habitualy basis,and then leave the feedback that leads to the hunch of what they have done to others is great Karma, and a block.

Message 151 of 160
latest reply

Re: Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

Johathan, sorry - I missed that post.  You're right... scammer.  Still as other posters have mentioned, proper disclosure as to item condition is absolutely required to maintain integrity as a seller and avoid these traps.

Still, IMO - flawed listing, why not advertise correctly in the first place? If that first (almost exact comment) had not been left to show clear intent.. this seller could have been held accountable, and rightfully so.

Message 152 of 160
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

This is why looking at feedback left for others is so very important. It is a great check and balance system. Buyers who participate in these kinds of behaviors  on a habitualy basis,and then leave the feedback that leads to the hunch of what they have done to others is great Karma, and a block.

Professional scammers do not leave a paper trail, so probably no feedback.

Message 153 of 160
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

@emerald40 wrote:

@banana*shoe*boutique wrote:

I would call eBay ASAP.  Don't even respond to the neg.  This should be a closed case in your favor.  

Keep us updated.

I thought once you responded to a negative, it becomes nonremovable.

Not sure how this rumor got started unless a rep told someone that's why they couldn't remove on and the person took it as truth.  I've had ones with replies removed and I've seen others have then removed 

And that is why I prefacted it as I thought because even with ebay pages, things change on the down low so I am never sure if the rule is current.

I have always figured that responding to feedback will be treated like hitting the return for refund button.  You authorized the return, therefore you accept the complaint as true, according to many of the CS I have dealt with.

So I can see CS being trained to think that if you responded to the feedback, you are giving up and acknowledging that what it says is true.

I would fight tooth and nail to get bad beedback removed and only after I feel there is absolutely no chance would I answer it.  That would give me lots of time to craft a response that makes the buyer look like a fool, and make scammers see that I am not a pushover.  The impulsive 'Buyer is a scamming scambag' just isn't going to do that.

(*Bleep*)
Message 154 of 160
latest reply

Thats exactly why you have to get beyond CS to Trust and Safety dept for anything that could or has resulted in neg feedback.

Your point in fighting  to get thru to them is to use their experience to see that an extortion attempt has been implied or carried out... thus the title Trust & Safety Dept.   CS reps are not trained in this and I don't believe have any authority to remove a neg at all. 

Trust & Safety is responsible for feedback issues among other things. 

Message 155 of 160
latest reply

General reply:

Why is there not a trust and safety board here anymore?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 156 of 160
latest reply

I think because each and every valid complaint takes research.... then a judgment call by that team.  not something you can do on the fly on a board if you're going to do it right.  You wouldn't want these type of decisions to be on the fly.

I would think that they would be inundated with calls/requests for review if first, they were not screened for the 80% that simply didn't understand obvious policy.

Message 157 of 160
latest reply

@shoptalkid wrote:

@smashedspuds wrote:

@vw wrote:

In excellent condition - No boxes

Not even close!

The buyer got a good deal but you FAILED on your description. . .

The negative is totally justified and it should NOT be removed!

Those figurines where flat out DISGUSTING. Id have been ashamed to list them in poor condition!

Op, refund the buyer, they are wrong to extort FB, but you lied in your description.

I'm suprised that the buyer didn't open a SNAD, but maybe there is a reason they didn't.  

Yes the reason they didn't open a SNAD was because they are a scammer and didn't want to ship back all the figures because knew the figurines that were as described were worth multiple times what they paid for the lot so the got even more greedy and made up a lie about already "shipping them to their daughter" in hopes of a partial refund to further pad their profit.

Message 158 of 160
latest reply

@stonevintage wrote:

Johathan, sorry - I missed that post.  You're right... scammer.  Still as other posters have mentioned, proper disclosure as to item condition is absolutely required to maintain integrity as a seller and avoid these traps.

Still, IMO - flawed listing, why not advertise correctly in the first place? If that first (almost exact comment) had not been left to show clear intent.. this seller could have been held accountable, and rightfully so.

Yes I'm not excusing a deceptive description on the sellers part.

However, the seller accepted full responsibility and was willing to accept the entire thing back, and this scammer simply didn't want to do that, just wanted to get some money back.

Pretty pathetic honestly, on $29 what did they want, maybe $5-10 back? I mean for crying out loud they already got a HEFTY discount, and the pictures that showed the condition seemed to reflect that discount even if the description did not (again, not excusing this).

Message 159 of 160
latest reply

Hold my feedback until partial refund is extortion in and of itself.
There is a refund partial which are terms asked by buyer.
Even though feedback can be left when the buyer wants and the quality - or+ is up to buyer saying you are holding in lieu of money is extortion .
Asking partial refund is asking for money.
Message 160 of 160
latest reply