cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Demands a partial Refund and Gives Me 24 Hours to Comply or else Negative

They just posted a negative feedback in the last 30 minutes.

Here's what happened.

hmm.. In the first email, they said thank you for careful packing, and in the one before last, they claimed several were broken and many were repaired, all they showed me was one picture where it was not clear if it was repaired, no mention of broken ones until the end. I ship many glass/China items and have not had any problems for years.

So sellers, please don't give in to any scammers demanding partial refunds. I checked their feedback left for others, and this one gives positive feedback to sellers who cave in and negative for any seller that stands up and doesn't comply.

Like most sellers, I will go out of my way to ensure the customer is happy with their purchase as long as there is a legit issue or they ask in a nice way, but for buyers like this one, I will not stand for their scams online, on the streets, or on Mars.

Message 1 of 160
latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Oh man!  This is about as clear cut and a scam as it gets.  Sorry for your situation.

I would call and speak only to the Trust & Safety dept reps for resolution. 

I won't, can't second guess them in this day and age, but IMO you are rock solid in your policy and I would quit further communications at this point. T & S is going to SYA or bail out.... up to them.

Message 2 of 160
latest reply

This should be a slam dunk win for you. By "giving away" or gifting or whatever part of the items, they have voided their money back guarantee.

Ebay should close in your favor (if a case is open) and remove the negative.

I feel good about this one, yay! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 160
latest reply

you win

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 4 of 160
latest reply

Makes me angry that this entitled **bleep** has probably bullied dozens of sellers into issuing tons of bogus partial refunds to him.

I wish scum like this would be banned not only from ebay but from the internet itself! I wish they would be expunged, banished into a deep pit of despair, and pulverized into nothingness!

Okay.. now that I've got that off my chest...

What irks me even more is his arrogant attitude, he was counting the dollar signs in his head after sending that first message. money mouth

Excuse me while I go vomit. dizzy face

Message 5 of 160
latest reply

@jonathankirkland wrote:

Makes me angry that this entitled **bleep** has probably bullied dozens of sellers into issuing tons of bogus partial refunds to him.

I wish scum like this would be banned not only from ebay but from the internet itself! I wish they would be expunged, banished into a deep pit of despair, and pulverized into nothingness!

Okay.. now that I've got that off my chest...

What irks me even more is his arrogant attitude, he was counting the dollar signs in his head after sending that first message. money_mouth

Excuse me while I go vomit. dizzy_face

I could not agree more!   I wonder if eBay will do the right thing and rule in the OP's favor, remove that negative fb and take some kind of action against that buyer?!    

Message 6 of 160
latest reply

Don't forget to use the REPORT BUYER button!!

Message 7 of 160
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

Don't forget to use the REPORT BUYER button!!

And I'm sure this goes without saying, don't forget to BLOCK the buyer.

Message 8 of 160
latest reply

I would call eBay ASAP.  Don't even respond to the neg.  This should be a closed case in your favor.  

Keep us updated.

Message 9 of 160
latest reply

Well, since the buyer never said s/he would leave negative feedback ("I am requesting a partial refund before I leave feedback"), I wonder whether or not ebay or CS would agree that this is feedback extortion.

If they do not decide to remove the feedback, you can reply to the feedback by saying "Please return all items for a full refund. Thank you."

Message 10 of 160
latest reply

I didnt read the other answers, but guess what, if he leaves a negative you can have it removed no if ands or buts by ebay. He/she is extorting you. dont worry about it

Everybody wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.
Message 11 of 160
latest reply

lol... and no electricity or hot water for a year.

Message 12 of 160
latest reply

According to the venue, all buyers are GODs

Message 13 of 160
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

lol... and no electricity or hot water for a year.

Also BRAVO and KUDOS to you my friend for being brave and not backing down to what amounts to a cyber bully.

I try to imagine what kind of sad, pathetic, lonely life a person must lead to think this type of behavior is acceptable or to expect that anyone is dumb enough to fall for it. Kinda makes me want to pity them a little bit ... but then again, NOT REALLY!

Message 14 of 160
latest reply

If they do not decide to remove the feedback, you can reply to the feedback by saying "Please return all items for a full refund. Thank you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, but that would mean I am admitting that the items were shattered, I would never ask for broken glass back, I would refund and file a claim, they went from repairs to broken to shattered, one more email and they would have exploded.

Message 15 of 160
latest reply