cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy it now or auction. Which is better?

Hello everyone,

I’m curious to know what you think about the Buy It Now and Auction options on eBay. Which one do you prefer and why?

Personally, I think that Buy It Now is a great option for items that I want to sell quickly. It’s also great for buyers who don’t want to wait for an auction to end. However, I also like the excitement of an auction and the possibility of getting more money for my items.

What do you think? Do you prefer Buy It Now or Auction? Why?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

The shipping part I might need to talk to ebay about because I swore it says free shipping when actually if I am shipping to Canada or another intl it's not free.   Your thoughts.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Buy it now or auction. Which is better?

I away use buy it now, I aways get out bided at the last minute for the same kind of item that is less money on buy it now.  I always bid about $5 under the buy it now price  and get out bided  then I bid the exact price and lo an behold I get out bided again, I watch people winning bids of over $10 on the exact same item offered on buy it  now. It's like people are thinking it's  game to win the item. They actually lose.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@monroe67

Who is Carbondale?

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

If you want to only log in once a week to see what has sold you should do auctions.

If you want a listing to sell for more than $1 you should do 'Buy It Now'.

Message 33 of 33
latest reply