cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy first, ask questions later.

The attention span of the average buyer has shrunk over time.

I sold this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226016773424

Now, if you go to item specifics, it says "dough hook" under included accessories. I forgot to uncheck this when I found a similar model and clicked "sell now". My fault.

But no where in the description did I say it included one, or showed one in the photos.

I get a return request, and of course as always, the buyer has to go on a trip (people are always buying stuff before a trip for w/e reason), and they just had to buy a brand new mixer (which costs 300 dollars), and had they simply reached out to me, I would have refunded them $20 for a new dough hook.

I see item specific mistakes in listings ALL THE TIME because of eBay copying things over, and always ask for clarification

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Buy first, ask questions later.

I see a something in the bowl...to mix things with...in the "photo"...title saids "beater"

Most buyers expect to receive everything that is shown in a "photo".

If you do a buy it now on an iPhone or cellphone...we see a "beater in the mixer"...and usually just "buy it now".

Most buyers on cellphones or iPhones do not read the specifics....the NEW norm...

You made a mistake...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think most stand mixers come with "beaters", dough hooks are extra.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@bargainsandbaubles wrote:

I sold this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/226016773424

Now, if you go to item specifics, it says "dough hook" under included accessories. I forgot to uncheck this when I found a similar model and clicked "sell now". My fault.

But no where in the description did I say it included one, or showed one in the photos.

I get a return request, and of course as always, the buyer has to go on a trip (people are always buying stuff before a trip for w/e reason), and they just had to buy a brand new mixer (which costs 300 dollars), and had they simply reached out to me, I would have refunded them $20 for a new dough hook.

I see item specific mistakes in listings ALL THE TIME because of eBay copying things over, and always ask for clarification

Do you really expect all buyers to email you before they buy and ask you if you really meant what you wrote in the listing?

This has nothing to do with the attention span of buyers. You made a mistake in your listing.

Proofread your listings.  

Chalk it up as an expensive lesson for you.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

When I bring up your listing on my desktop, the item specifics show above your rather brief written description.   Ironic, your buyer did read the listing and simply assumed that the items listed under "components included" were included in the purchase.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

if you go to item specifics, it says "dough hook" under included accessories. I forgot to uncheck this when

Okay.

The attention span of the average Seller  has shrunk over time.

Fixed it for you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The buyer's attention span seems to be OK, but their mind-reading skills aren't too great.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 7
latest reply