cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bud cancelations

Why does eBay allow bid retractions for entered wrong amount but does not make buyer enter new amount? They have told us many times they will suggest this but I guess ut is to hard. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Bud cancelations

"Bud cancellations"   😄

I don't think Ebay allows selling Marijuana on its site yet.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

The ONLY way they could enforce that rule would be to make the bidder enter the "new amount" before allowing the original bid retraction. Could probably be coded easily enough, but it's obviously not a priority.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

Who Cares?? 

STOP caring.

The buyer is a flake; someone you'd rather not deal with. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

Bud cancelation happens when you have one too many, bid cancelation happens when you change your mind with or without any influences.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

I believe there used to be a time (in the olden days) when if a bid retraction was for "entered the wrong amount," the bidder was expected to rebid with the "correct" amount within a certain amount of time. Legend has it that if the buyer had a certain number of "wrong amount" retractions which didn't get corrected, there was (supposedly) some type of sanction or note on the account. 

I don't know why that was changed. It's speculation but I'm guessing it was too much trouble for ebay to keep up with. 

The options for retraction are: 

1. entered wrong amount

2. cannot contact seller

3. seller changed description

Usually, none of the above apply but "honest" reasons (like changed mind, no longer want, etc.) aren't among the options so they have to choose one that isn't honest.

TBH, I'd rather a bidder retract a bid than buy the item and either not follow through on payment or worse, claim NAD and return it after the fact. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

If the buyer doesn't want the item..........doesn't enter another bid.........why would you want to sell it to him? 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Bud cancelations

True, but it would be nice if ebay added a few more "honest" reasons to the list.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 8
latest reply