cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the 30-day listing option

I have been selling on eBay since the beginning and love the 30-day option. When I went to relist some unsold items today,  I was dismayed to see that option is not available for fixed-price listings. I used GTC in the past but for the last several years found the 30-day option worked best for my store. I guess I'll list some of the items on a different platform and see if I can get a good price for them. Although eBay has been a very good vehicle for selling my crafts and random items for many years, I don't think this change will help me at all. Very disappointed.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Bring back the 30-day listing option

Agree I have been very successful (therefore making Ebay Successful) with 30 day listings in quantity and now have to switch to Auction 1 piece at a time. EBay looking to get more listings fees from sellers? don't bite the hand that feeds you

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

The dropping of 30-day duration listings is pure rotten and yet another backhanded scheme by ebay to get extra listing fees from sellers when they become unaware that their listings have automatically renewed and they've used up their allotment of free listings. 

Does ebay really think we're going to fall for the line that they are "HELPING" us sell our items by dropping this option? Come on!

It's obvious that ebay :

1) hates sellers and always sides with the buyers and does whatever they say and want.

2) Will do whatever it can, over everyone's dead bodies, to try to squeeze every extra penny out of sellers that they can.

Did you ever notice that ebay also very sneakily modifies your listings (when you use their relist link in email), to change it to auto renew up to 8 times, even though your original listing did NOT have that box checked?

Someone is going to file a class action suit one of these days to stop these guys from sneaking off with sellers' money..

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

@recycler wrote:

I used GTC in the past but for the last several years found the 30-day option worked best for my store. I

You could just end them at 29 hours and 50 minutes and then relist whenever you like.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Same here. Such a scam on their part, it's a shock eBay is not in the dating site biz 😉
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

So let's put our money where our mouth is--what is the best alternate to ebay.  I'll start listing on another site, tell me where, and join me.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Totally agree, I hate this change, I have sold on Ebay for almost 20 years, this has to top the most stupid ideas yet from Ebay. We the sellers should have the choice, the choice shouldnt be made by Ebay as to how long we wish to sell our items for. They are making it harder instead of easier. I do not want everything to automatically relist if I did I would choose GTC. Ebay if your listening bring back the choice for 30 day option.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

I have been selling for Free on Facebook marketplace and sites that are for the type of items you want to sell.
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!! AS A SELLER I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE CONTROL OVER MY OWN ACCOUNT AND NOT HAVING EBAY DICTATE HOW THEY ARE GOING TO HANDLE IT-NOT SURE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS BRILLIANT IDEA BUT OTHER THAN EBAY MAKING MORE MONEY ON THIS HOW DOES IT HELP THE SELLERS? CANNOT SEE ANY BENEFIT-DO YOU AS A SELLER REALIZE THAT IF YOU LIST SOMETHING FOR, LET'S SAY, $10.00 AND IT DOES NOT SELL FOR A YEAR YOU WILL BE LOSING MONEY ON THAT ITEM BETWEEN WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT AND THE EBAY FEES?  ALSO WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CANCEL A LISTING? WHAT HAPPENS TO IT AND ALL OF THE PICTURES THAT YOU HAVE POSTED? CAN A CANCELLED LISTING BE RELISTED? OR IF YOU DECIDED TO RELIST IT DO YOU HAVE TO RETAKE ALL OF THE PICTURES?

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Not a good decision, i'm just to stop my listnings.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I totally Agree.  The 30 Day listing option lets us decide if an item is worth re-listing so we will be able to drop items that aren't selling.  With it - we can items from our 250 allotment of fixed insertions that will sell.

Additionally forced till canceled fixed listings makes the 500 free listings occasionally offered by ebay only usable as auction listings.  The consequence of making them fixed has them possibly costing us for insertions beyond our subscribed 250 fixed listings when they roll over at the end of their 30 days.

It's way too much trouble searching daily for items not selling and about to expire and having to manually cancel them before they re-up automatically.

The Til Canceled option would be fine / great but ONLY if there was no cost for insertions.  Free insertions would fix all problems.

Very disappointed in the Ebay decision to remove 30 day listings.  If it was restored, those who like the Til Canceled option can select it, but the rest of us would like the option for 30 day fixed listings restored.

PLEASE PLEASE Bring back the 30 day option for fixed listings.

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

I am another one who does not like ebay's decision to remove the 30-day fixed price duration. With "Good Til Canceled" (GTC) my item is automatically relisted after 30 days with additional insertion fees. I want to be able to control the duration so that I can make the decision whether to relist it again after 30 days if it has not sold. If I do not have free listings, I will hold off on relisting until I have free listings available. This is just another way for ebay to get more fees. I don't want to have to monitor every item I list and manually remove it before ebay automatically renews it under "Good Til Canceled". For inexpensive items, the cost of the ebay insertion fees could add up to more that the item is worth. Therefore, I am no longer using the Fixed Price option at all and am using 10-day Auctions instead, but I don't like the short period of the auctions. I have sold successfully on ebay for many years and from experience found my sales were most successful with the 30-day fixed price listings. Because of the GTC change, I also am only listing a fraction of my items on ebay. I have started using other sites to sell my items and will continue to do so until ebay reinstates the 30-day Fixed Price duration. So instead of them getting more money from me, they are getting a lot less because now they no longer get a Final Value Fee since I'm not listing as many items. I don't know what difference it should make to them if someone wants to list an item for 30 days and then have it stop. PLEASE BRING BACK THE 30-DAY DURATION FOR FIXED PRICE LISTINGS!

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

@nighthawkjimm wrote:
Same here. Such a scam on their part, it's a shock eBay is not in the dating site biz 😉

lol, i can't think of a site that would 'date' ebay (biz or not) without ebay paying them for IT.  sad but we seller's pay ebay for it.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@corvuscoraxoregon wrote:

So let's put our money where our mouth is--what is the best alternate to ebay.  I'll start listing on another site, tell me where, and join me.

i haven't found any alternate yet for used auto parts lol, but i am looking

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

sure ebay is getting more seller fees but less store fees due to cancellations and less sales. Guess they think the extra seller's fees are more profitable to them.
After serious thought I REALLY think the major problem causing less sales is the Search system and Ebay handing various seller's items for periods of time.
Message 15 of 41
latest reply