cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bongs on eBay

I don’t understand how there are thousands of listings and multiple top ranked sellers for bongs? Isn’t this not allowed?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Bongs on eBay

Are you sure they aren't "decorative"?

snort

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

32 states have legal cannabis laws ,some patients have a hard time getting around -  Whats the problem?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

Live and let live...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

@erow-9893   eBay is a California based company and Proposition 64 legalized the recreational use of marijuana for those Adults over 21 in that state ... as to alcoholic beverages their policy states, "Wine can be listed on the eBay US site (ebay.com) by eBay approved sellers only. No other alcohol products are allowed."

But during the pandemic they banned some products for fear of price gouging ... the picture is a little fuzzy in spots ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

Bongs and pipes were legal to sell long before cannabis of any sort became legal.  One use to be able to go to a "head shop" even back when possession of even a small amount of weed could get you in jail.  There is also a long running large wholesale trade show (CHAMPS) in Las Vegas set up for such things.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

@m60driver wrote:

Bongs and pipes were legal to sell long before cannabis of any sort became legal.  One use to be able to go to a "head shop" even back when possession of even a small amount of weed could get you in jail.  There is also a long running large wholesale trade show (CHAMPS) in Las Vegas set up for such things.

Yep, there was a long time seller back in 2006 or so of them.....who, if memory serves, sold them for decorative pieces........I remember all were taken down twice, but she talked her way back each time.  Bought ship containers full from Egypt and sold to restaurants and individuals......

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

I'm a pipe vendor myself and a licensed retailer. And you are correct that these people are breaking federal drug law by selling bongs on ebay. I only sell water pipes for tobacco use and do not have one bong for smoking cannabis. The Term bong has always been defined as a device used for smoking marijuana. A water pipe is a pipe designed to remove the impurities from tobacco smoke by filtering  the smoke through water. The only real difference is the intentions of the seller. Anyone who list a pipe and uses the word bong is selling it for illegal purposes since you can't select the states you want to sell in. By offering to sell a bong to someone in a state where marijuana is illegal or who doesn't have a license to use marijuana then your committing a federal crime. This is the same reason Chong did years in federal prison. He sold a bong to a person in a state where it was illegal. Even though it was legal in his state he was found guilty and sentenced to prison time. Any listing that uses the term bong should be removed from ebay since it violates the drug paraphernalia ebay policy. But eventually ebay will be prosecuted under federal law for allowing bongs to be sold on their platform. There is thousands of listings for them so I'm not sure why the DEA or whoever controls these things isn't ordering the products and arresting the sellers once they receive confirmation of the crime in the mail. Like I said before selling a water pipe or any pipe for tobacco use is 100% legal and maybe even for hemp use now that its been legalized everywhere. But with marijuana still being illegal according to the federal government then anyone selling a listing with bong in the title is guilty of federal drug paraphernalia trafficking and can be convicted at any time and sent to prison. But let's be honest most of these sellers aren't licensed and hiding the fact that they sell anything to the federal government to avoid paying taxes. But ebay is about to have 99% of its sellers taken out if the market because switching to managed payments means that they must get a real bank account with a real name making them liable for the items they sell and filing taxes at the end of 2021. Most will make it until mid 2022. About that time the courts will be full of welfare fraud and tax evasion cases from sellers that used to hide behind fake paypal accounts. Most won't have the federal tax money to pay about 20% of their yearly profits back to the government. But in the end the people who did everything by the book will be on top and the scammers in jail. But definitely do not use the term Bong in your listings ever. Thats why they kick you out of head shops for saying it. The people doing it are ignorant to the law or don't care. They may have the advantage in search results by using the word bong but if they end up in jail all there work was for nothing.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

Zombie 12 month old thread

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

@downunder-61 wrote:

Zombie 12 month old thread

and a wall of text bump 😊

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

zombie.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Bongs on eBay

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply