cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked User Used 2x Alternative Accounts To Make 2x Purchases In Order To Get Even...

I purchased an item on 2/18 & the seller cancelled without any communication several days later on on 2/23 using the "I'm out of stock or the item is damaged" reason.  I immediately checked the listing and the item was showing it was still in stock with an increased price. I was extremely upset because this item was purchased to be a gift and now I would not be a able to order another in time. It was unprofessional & a bad buying experience so I left them a negative feedback.  I received several communications from them AFTER I left feedback just saying I ruined their feedback and was being unfair. Not once did they offer to honor the sale by sending me the item so I denied their feedback revision request. That same day, this user used my personal information from my order to find me on Facebook & harassed me.  

"Rich sent Feb 24, 2021, 9:57 PM "you live in ****** CA?
Rich sent February 25 

See you soob
Soon
B*tch"

I immediately blocked this guy & reported him.   After using their messages both on eBay & by the one used on FB I decided to do some online searching to find out more information about this individual in the event that this went any further. I used the location on the listing & their USER ID to find out that they go by several different names and supposedly have real businesses in their location although the addresses are all suspicious. 

This month I decided to start selling some things to get ready for an upcoming move. Within' 24 hours of listing 2x items were purchased from me with 2x different accounts, same last name & the same address on both order. I immediately knew that it looked familiar but when I saw the 2nd name on the 2nd order I knew right away who this was. I called and spoke with eBay to have them check on the transactions and was told it would be okay to cancel to protect myself & that they would protect my account by removing any negative feedbacks as this person was violating the "Unwelcome & Malicious Buying Policy" & were not allowed to make the purchases in the first place. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/unwelcome-malicious-buying-policy?id=4375

"Not Allowed...

• You can't try to buy or bid on an item if you're on a seller's blocked bidder or buyer list
  • You can't use another account to buy or bid on an item if you're on a seller's blocked bidder or buyer list"

I messaged the guy through one of the purchases to let him know that he had been reported & I was going to cancel the orders. I received 2x negative feedbacks for cancelling the orders as I had expected but when I contacted customer service to have them removed as promised I received notification that the feedbacks themselves do not violate their feedback policy so they wouldn't removed. I thought for a moment that maybe I misunderstood the customer service gal so I chatted to ask the same question again so I could get proof that I was supposed to be protected & I was once again told that I could cancel & that my feedback would be protected. I submitted proof that this person harassed me & that it was the same individual and somehow they are getting away with it. Perhaps using these alternative names & bogus addresses??? I have responded to the removal request response explaining that the purchases themselves were not supposed to be allowed & that I was told it was ok to cancel... still I am getting no where.  I have continued to try to request to speak with a supervisor & have been denied.  

At this point, feedback removal isn't even going to help although I want them to back the protect policy as I will never be safe to sell on this account that I have had for 20 years because they will just continue to purchase under other accounts or have friends & family do it to harass me. 

PribylChat.jpg

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Blocked User Used 2x Alternative Accounts To Make 2x Purchases In Order To Get Even...

**UPDATE** 

I had contacted customer service through Twitter via @AskeBay through a personal message which was so much easier than trying to use the Contact Us option on eBay's website. Using this contact method also allowed me to attach the screenshots that I had as additional proof. Before the day was over I had received a response & the feedbacks were removed!  I don't know what will happen with these 3x other accounts but I hope if they don't remove them they will at least make notes to help prevent them from doing this to others. 

Thanks to all that took the time to post & share their recommendations with me. My advice for anyone reading this is to go straight to eBay's Twitter folks for help. I also recommend that you do not add your phone number when you place orders just in case! The seller can get ahold of you through eBay messages if there is an issue.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Blocked User Used 2x Alternative Accounts To Make 2x Purchases In Order To Get Even...

buyers are not allowed to circumvent your block list and that includes by

using another account.

Sometimes you need to point out their own policies to them.

The burden of proof is (You have reason to believe).

Put the new account on your block list and cancel the transaction using

issue with the buyers address.

You will find this at the bottom of the page.

2020 Spring Seller Update-Updates to how you service your customers

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-spring/service.html 

2.jpg

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Crazy.

I would send @AskeBay on twitter a message explaining the situation. I always get great help and resolution there, more so than over the phone where there's usually an extreme language barrier. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

This month I decided to start selling some things to get ready for an upcoming move. Within' 24 hours of listing 2x items were purchased from me with 2x different accounts, same last name & the same address on both order.

Not that this will help you now, but for the wider audience - this is exactly why many sellers use separate accounts for buying, selling, and posting. Retaliation by unbalanced people is not a myth - it happens. 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for this advice! I had not thought of this & have just finished sending them a message.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Retaliation by unbalanced people is not a myth - it happens. 

Yes, it does.  Thus, thy posting ID. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much for your post. This is what I thought as well. Here are the responses that I got back from CS on the removals.  I kept responding saying it wasn't an issue with the comments that it was an issue with the transactions themselves explaining what happened & that I was supposed to be protected and each time got the same style copy & pasted response. It's like they never even bothered to look into it.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 12.56.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-31 at 12.57.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-31 at 12.57.23 PM.png

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yeah you are getting overseas help.

They don't have the authority to do just about anything but close INRs when tracking shows delivery.

You need to twitter DM them or keep calling until you get someone stateside.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The trouble is you have to make them understand that you are not requesting that

the feedback be removed because it violates the feedback policy.

You are rquesting that the feedback be removed because of the seller protection

promised to you because they circumvent your buyer block list.

2020 Spring Seller Update-Updates to how you service your customers

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-spring/service.html 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Hi, so sorry you are getting the run-around about the feedback removal. It is going to take multiple tries until you get a sympathetic customer service rep. You are right to say they are focused on the wrong violation here. The feedback itself may not violate policy, but it is the Malicious Buying terms that have been broken. Have you reached out to eBay on their Facebook page? I have heard good things about their responsiveness.

You mentioned that you contacted the malicious buyer to let them know you cancelled the transaction and reported them. I believe it is a mistake to continue communication with this vengeful individual. It was not necessary to disclose you had reported him. This has the potential to escalate his determination to wreck your feedback and lash out more. Do what you need to do, and avoid any further contact with him. By the way, what reason did you give for the cancellation? Remember that seller cancelled transactions can get defects.

Hope you are able to get this resolved. If eBay censures this member, be prepared to deal with the possible fallout.  You might remove your listings for the time being and let the matter cool. It is not fair for you to have to do this, but that is the most immediate way to protect yourself. It would also be a good idea to establish another account for buying. So sorry this happened to you.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much for your post. You are probably right about not contacting them. Honestly, I have never had this happen to me before and was thinking it would be best to make sure that there was some sort of communication for the cancelled transactions via messages noting that the orders were cancelled for that specific reason for the investigation.  Nothing I have done so far has helped. I had the CS gal who checked the orders that morning & she told me I could cancel & that I would be protected so the notes should have already been on my account. Honestly, I don't know what is going on. 

I have a pending message through twitter where I was able to send the message & share screenshots which will hopefully help. Thank you again for your advice & I will post an update when I get one! : )

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

So I had explained what happened in my original removal request & continued to go into more detail with each denial response but honestly it seemed like they just had me on auto reply mode. It didn't appear that they were even bothering to read my messages or check my account.  I believe it's been 2 days since my last message and I haven't received a single response & nothing has changed. I have sent a message to eBay on twitter via a recommendation on this post which I am hoping to get in touch with someone with some power to do something other than submit a report to people that don't care or just don't know how to do their job. Fingers are crossed! Thanks for your post & the information!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

**UPDATE** 

I had contacted customer service through Twitter via @AskeBay through a personal message which was so much easier than trying to use the Contact Us option on eBay's website. Using this contact method also allowed me to attach the screenshots that I had as additional proof. Before the day was over I had received a response & the feedbacks were removed!  I don't know what will happen with these 3x other accounts but I hope if they don't remove them they will at least make notes to help prevent them from doing this to others. 

Thanks to all that took the time to post & share their recommendations with me. My advice for anyone reading this is to go straight to eBay's Twitter folks for help. I also recommend that you do not add your phone number when you place orders just in case! The seller can get ahold of you through eBay messages if there is an issue.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply