cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Bidders Without Paypal Account?

If I don't block bidders that don't have a paypal account,  and I only accept paypal as payment,  can the bidder that has no paypal account still pay with paypal?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Block Bidders Without Paypal Account?

Yes. The current version of ebay checkout has an option that allows buyers to choose to pay with a credit card, even when the seller only accepts Paypal.  It will be a PayPal "Guest" payment.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Yes. The current version of ebay checkout has an option that allows buyers to choose to pay with a credit card, even when the seller only accepts Paypal.  It will be a PayPal "Guest" payment.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thank You!  Do most sellers do this?  Not block bidders without paypal accounts? 

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

The block is most useful for sellers in the categories that attract scammers and sport bidders:  Electronics, video games, etc.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@squddle wrote:

If I don't block bidders that don't have a paypal account,  and I only accept paypal as payment,  can the bidder that has no paypal account still pay with paypal?

How can a bidder who has no PayPal account pay with PayPal?  

EDIT:   Ahh, I see now -- they use the PayPal guest feature and pay with a credit card.   

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

You don't have to have a PP acct to use a credit/debit card.........paypal will process without an account.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

You don't have to have a PP acct to use a credit/debit card.........paypal will process without an account.

Yes, I realized that after I asked, thanks.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@squddle wrote:

Yes. 

Another ebay non-existent, seller applied, restriction and/or protection.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

To clarify, it is 'through' paypal, not 'with' paypal.  But, YES, they can still buy from you.

(It is the only way ebay could get away with having paypal as the only form of electronic payment acceptable)

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@squddle wrote:

Yes. 

Another ebay non-existent, seller applied, restriction and/or protection.

I don't understand your comment. If a seller doesn't use the block, why would you expect it to protect them?

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I do apologize.  I thought many had been here on the boards long enough to look at more than just one side of an issue.

Perhaps because some sellers DO try to use it as method of seller protection?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

I do apologize.  I thought many had been here on the boards long enough to look at more than just one side of an issue.

And those who use it won't have to deal with someone who doesn't have a PayPal account that's linked to their eBay account. So it works as intended. What's the "other side" of that?

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

And those who use it won't have to deal with someone who doesn't have a PayPal account that's linked to their eBay account. So it works as intended. What's the "other side" of that?

Oh, you mean unless they pay as a 'guest'?

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I don't block them, but I don't sell scammer magnet items either. It's hard enough to get a sale around here without blocking what could be perfectly good guest accounts. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

The other side is that for many sellers who use the block they're possibly losing more in sales than they gain in protection.

It is a very good block for people who sell in sport bidding cats though.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply