cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware, your account can be targeted by competitors

I have been getting alleged counterfeit item removed and your account restricted x days email. Nothing is fake and they have QR codes and authenticity codes shown in photos in the listings. eBay can easily visit the brand's website and authenticate the item but they don't care. I tried to reach them in several ways but always getting the same scripted members of our community reported this item answer.

Obviously, my account is being targeted by bot accounts of a competitor. eBay probably automatically strikes an account if the same item is reported by a few accounts. No human actually checks these listings. 

This can happen to you, too as you grow bigger and grab the attention of your competitors. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Beware, your account can be targeted by competitors

You are 100% correct.

First of all, eBay runs scared at the first mention of counterfeit merchandise.  Because of VERO, they prefer to take action first and then ask questions later.  They consider it erring on the side of caution.

But I had the same thing happen with several of my items.  And it was always after a brief communications scuffle with someone complaining or questioning my merchandise.

Too many keyboard warriors out there who feel they can effect change anonymously.

And when it comes to proving validity, eBay doesn't care about any info you can provide from your listing or photos.  They don't even want receipts.  All they will accept is an invoice from either the manufacturer or from one of their authorized distributors.

Chin up.  Just keep at it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Beware, your account can be targeted by competitors

eBay doesn't  remove an item because a competitor says it's fake or otherwise everyone would be taking down the competition. 

You will have to prove to the rights owner it isn't fake and they'll have to fax eBay you can list it. 

Don't relist it unless eBay says you can.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply