cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of Having a Basic Store???

So I just got the message that store ownership is no longer a qualification for accessing Terapeak; it's now open to all sellers. Also, eBay recently increased the FVF for basic store owners, so there goes that perk as well.  I'm looking for any basic store owner to talk me into keeping mine. With the downgrade of the benefits lately, I'm wondering if it's even worth the steep monthly fee anymore.  What are the benefits some of you are seeing that will cause you to keep paying for your Basic Store? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Benefits of Having a Basic Store???

The basic store FVF is still less than the non-store fee, even with the increase.

I get a lot more free listings with the store subscription than I'd get without it.

I have the ability to run sales and promotions.

The quarterly credit toward eBay shipping supplies saves money.

The storefront gives buyers a dedicated page from which to browse and search all my listings.

I can use my store URL when promoting my items or announcing a sale on social media.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks @creativecrisis! That is helpful. I usually have less than 100 listings per month, so the free listings don't mean much to me. I guess the small savings in FVF and the ability to run sales makes it worth it. Just wish they would give us a little more of a discount on those FVFs.

One other question for you... Do you advertise your sales/promotions on Facebook Marketplace?  Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@auctionworks1 wrote:

Thanks @creativecrisis! That is helpful. I usually have less than 100 listings per month, so the free listings don't mean much to me. I guess the small savings in FVF and the ability to run sales makes it worth it. Just wish they would give us a little more of a discount on those FVFs.

One other question for you... Do you advertise your sales/promotions on Facebook Marketplace?  Thanks!

Agree that a better discount on fees would be helpful. We can dream, right? 😏

I sometimes promote items on Facebook, but haven't tried FB Marketplace. It's something I've thought about ... maybe one of these days.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Can I ask, what is FVF?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

x

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

FVF stands for Final Value Fees.  That's where eBay really gets you!  😔