cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell thingy notification not working this morning

Anyone else experiencing problems with the notification bell. I was able to find out that overnight I have 2 sales and 2 messages, but the notification bell is dead and shows nothing. 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Bell thingy notification not working this morning

I'm working on a PC. It was glitchy for me also. It was acting like a strobe light for two orders. It's red, it's white, it's red, no white, no wait it's red.  Couldn't make up it's mind. I was mainly doing research, and didn't touch the awaiting shipping page, or notification bell itself.

For as many times as it was blinking, I would have thought I would have had at least 6 orders if not more. Only two were waiting for me while running a 25% off sale store wide. Hopefully the sale will pull in more orders by the end of the month. Dang glitch had my hopes up.

No cha ching sounds on my cell phone either.

Message 31 of 44
latest reply

Yes, mine hasn't been working all day either. 

Message 32 of 44
latest reply

Mine has been wonky for at least a couple of weeks now.

It doesn't light up to tell me there's an order or a message until I click INTO the overview page and either click on the waiting order or the waiting message, whereas it used to light up as soon as I logged in.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 33 of 44
latest reply

Devon at eBay confirmed:

"there is a sitewide ticket on this issue open for resolution. If anyone is running into this they can reach out to customer support and let them know that they are experiencing ALERT 14964 to have their account added to the ticket."

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 34 of 44
latest reply

I am in mexico and its still not working. When something like this happens its because they are making a new change . It will work when the change is done 

Message 35 of 44
latest reply

"When something like this happens its because they are making a new change . It will work when the change is done" .

Yeah. The notification bell might work once they finish their "changes".
But something else WON'T!
We've seen this movie before.

Message 36 of 44
latest reply

Notification bell still not working. The link in your message takes you nowhere but to AI. Then it just goes in circles.

Message 37 of 44
latest reply

Not working for me for the past week or so.  I have multiple accounts and it's not working in any of them which is strange too.

Message 38 of 44
latest reply

I haven't personally experienced this issue, but it might be a temporary glitch. You can try refreshing the page or logging out and back in to see if it resolves the problem flix. If the issue persists you may want to reach out to the platform's support or technical team for assistance.

Message 39 of 44
latest reply

I just found this thread.  Mine has not been working properly for a week.  I get one notice of an event on first occurrence, then I get an empty rectangle.

I'm on a desktop, using Linux/Firefox.  I tried another desktop using Windows/Chrome.  It still does not work.

I tried chatting with eBay help today.  They are getting as bad as Amaz---no, I take that back.  The Amazon help rep would have just terminated the conversation and claimed that I did it.

The first eBay rep was an idiot.  He wanted me to go to my account settings and change the communication preferences.  There is nothing about the bell there, but lots about email and phones. 

I insisted on chatting with someone else.  On the third such request, I did get transferred.

Te second eBay rep actually apologized for the first one:

...sorry from my behalf for last agent because he was not able to understand your issue...
I just contacted the technical team and found out that there is global technical issue going on regarding this, I am adding your account to the list , I made a report for that and sending it to the team and they will be fixing this issue.

If I can trust him, the eBay tech people know about the problem.

Message 40 of 44
latest reply

@schraders_books wrote:

I tried chatting with eBay help today. 

The second eBay rep...:

... they will be fixing this issue.

If I can trust him, the eBay tech people know about the problem.

It has been fixed.  🙂

Does anyone else still have this problem?

Message 41 of 44
latest reply

I can't understand all the hoop la about the broken bell. Things break down. It really doesn't take much time to open the site and look to see if anything sold or if there are messages.

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

Same problem here and I'm on my laptop not my phone. 3 days now. Really annoying I have to manually go into my seller sections to check for offers etc. Really annoying for labels cause I have to go to each item and do a label instead of bulk labels. 3 days now when will this be fixed???

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

some people might not have time to just leisurely sit at their computer all day. Im glad you have so much free time

Message 44 of 44
latest reply