cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged for shipping label when buyers pay shipping

My buyers are responsible for paying shipping. Today, I just happened to look at the payment.

Under WHAT THE BUYER PAID is the cost of the item, taxes, and shipping label. 

Under WHAT YOU EARNED is ORDER TOTAL (including all of what the buyer paid) minus SALES TAX, TRANSACTION AND SHIPPING FEES. 

Why am I paying shipping fees when the buyer paid them?? 

Am I missing something?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Being charged for shipping label when buyers pay shipping

@fern*wood wrote:

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I have a feeling that the OP already knows what has been repeated post after post after post (why do people have to dogpile on this forum?) - there's just some confusion about the reporting.

It may not matter since it seems this OP seems to ask the same questions more than once, so they may not be reading/understanding the answers.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Shipping-costs/td-p/32142278

That may be true, and they need to come back and be more clear about their question, but I still see no reason for 7th grade level dogpiling.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 46 of 53
latest reply

Goodness, I hope you never have a question. This is precisely why I, along with others don’t get on this very often. 

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

Thank you for all of the explanations. I truly appreciate it!

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Thank you to all of you who were so kind to provide explanations, I truly appreciate it. I’ve been traveling the past couple of days and unable to respond. 

To those who put me down, made mean comments… you are the reason I, along with others don’t get on this community very often. I’ve  seen these type of negative replies multiple times to other people. No one deserves to be treated like this. Be mindful that you don’t know anything about these people and why they might have asked the question or forgot they had asked it previously.  Try a little kindness and it will be appreciated. 

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

I think it's more of a case of this being a rather odd question from someone who is a self-described "TOP RATED seller with over 6600 positive feedbacks" who has already sold over 3,000 items.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

How does someone with 3100 sales on the site not understand how "buyer pays shipping" works?...

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Hi everyone,

This discussion has gotten a bit heated. Please remember that, while it is fine to disagree with others, discussion should always remain friendly and respectful as required by the Community Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

"That's true. But when you have a long time member who has used the platform for YEARS, that changes things. The OP isn't a new user. At this point there should be no confusion about any of how it works. "

Oh come on.  I've read enough posts on this thread of the berating variety to know from the OP's responses that at least she has no "confusion" when it comes to the issue of how to properly, and politely, communicate with others, unlike those who would rather berate someone either because it makes them feel more important or because maybe they just don't know the answer themselves.

I've been selling on eBay for 23 years, but I don't live on eBay or on this forum 24/7, and there have been many times when I've taken long breaks from eBay to take care of other important aspects of my business, so whenever I return to selling here, I sometimes have had questions that might sound dumb to you, but so far I've been fortunate enough to have had my questions answered more politely and professionally than what's happened on this particular thread.  Thankfully, most people on this forum are here to help, not to insult someone for asking an honest question.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply