cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcodes purchase

I have recently purchased barcodes to list items on Amazon but Amazon is not accepting it. Amazon is verifying GS1 codes. When i checked my purchased barcodes in gs1 database it was registered under someone else company. The seller told me that these codes are Brand New and will work with Amazon but unfortunately didn't work.

One of the code that i have purchased is 017222144733 which is registered under someone else company name. I have 100 codes from same seller but none of them working.

The seller is Barcodes_Wizards. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Barcodes purchase

@jamkh-1526 

Unless you have officially registered your barcodes with the International Barcodes Database, your barcodes are worthless, since they obviously are not identified with a particular, specific product.

Are you attempting to provide new barcodes with items that have already been assigned a manufacturer's barcode?  That may provide some legal problems for you, if you are not the manufacturer or the owner of the product's identification rights.

Amazon assigns there own set of AIN numbers to products on their site, which are separate from ISBN, UPC, MID, MBN and other related product codes.

Are you the actual owner and manufacturer of the items to which you wish to assign new barcodes?  If not, you may find yourself in some deep legal problems.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

This is the official site: GS1 US
https://www.gs1us.org/

https://www.gs1us.org/tools/check-digit-calculator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Product_Code

If you don't buy barcodes from the official website, there is a good chance of getting counterfeit numbers. Sorry for your loss.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

@jamkh-1526 

This is eBay.  I would contact Amazon directly to see what the problem might be.  Note that if you are contemplating listing & selling those items here on eBay, but purchasing them from Amazon to ship to eBay customers is a huge policy violation & grounds for a suspension.  Just a heads up.

Good luck to you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

Go ahead and repost over on the AMZ boards to get an earful.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

@jamkh-1526 

Your eBay account indicates that you are a resident of the United Arab Emirates.

If you are planning to sell your products in the United States, you will need to review American law regarding the use of bar-codes.

It is a violation of American law to register barcodes for products for which you are not the intellectual property owner and/or manufacturer.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

@ckimodog I think the poster said they purchased these from a seller here on eBay

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Barcodes purchase

@stainlessenginecovers 

I get it...think it's a scam?  I saw a listing the other day where people are selling their hulu account passwords...smh

Message 8 of 8
latest reply