cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back in-stock notifications for buyers

Does eBay have a function that lets buyers know when an out of stock item they are interested in comes back in stock? Like a notification setting?

That’d be pretty cool if they had that. And it’d be even cooler if it works with MV listings (I.e. size XL is OOS but has plenty of Small, and the buyer is waiting for XL to come back in stock).

I’ve been having buyers tell me to let them know when many of my OOS items come back in stock.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Back in-stock notifications for buyers

@bigdeals.etc 

I don't think so, but I do get emails telling me an item I am watching is now on sale, has been re-listed etc - so I don't know why if you were watching something they couldn't?

It would be really nice for repeatables.  I am guessing this is why they let you "relist" something that essentially zero'd out?  Cannot remember if I get emails on those or not.  (we get SO many e-bay emails that I usually do not read the flood any more....guess we should)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sadly there is not, however I'm sure if you leave that feedback to ebay, they would make something. It is a good idea tbh

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I think if you are watching some items, whenever the price drops or something else related to that item happens, there will be an email sent to you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's been requested many times over the years- but so far eBay hasn't implemented that feature. I use a manual process. I keep a list of buyer requests and send them a message when restocked.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

On my Watch List, if I do not drop a Sold / sold out item, which I don't often do since it is as likely I am using the Watch List for the seller as the product, if it comes back in stock it will show that it is once more available.

And if a listing ends, but is relisted (but not Sell Similar) that also shows up on the Watch List.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply