cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRING THE OLD EBAY BACK PLEASE!!!!! THIS CURRENT ONE SUCKS

all that needs said.  This throttling sales, no views, **bleep** has to stop..  Promoted listings will end ebay as we once knew it, and its basically already done the damage..

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Hi @**selling**stuff** 

Which of the 'Old eBays' would you like?  It changes so often that I can't keep track.  😕

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Exactly..   Well, for starters, it would be nice to have views on my listings.    I've been watching my ebay traffic for the last 3 hours.  i have 1600 listings on ebay.  I've gotten a whole 3 page views in 3 hours.. Something, or someone at ebay is for sure throttling sales.  I'm over it.   I'll have a really good 3 or 4 days, and boom, ebay will shut me down for a couple days where its crickets to meet their algorithm.  Just let us sell our stuff without jacking with our site.  it's obvious.. it's happening, and whoever thinks its not is a fool. 

Message 3 of 60
latest reply

EBay finds it very important to throttle sales so they can charge less in fees and make less money so their shareholders will be unhappy.

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

I want my "old self" back, too, but which one?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 60
latest reply

it really makes no sense at all.  I really thought when the new ebay CEO took over that he would make some good changes, but nothing has changed.  I dont think ebays servers can keep up with the uptick in resellers, and it has caused major major issues.  its sad that this continues to happen, going on 2 years now. 

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

@**selling**stuff**   Don't sit and watch your views - that's the sure path to madness.  They're not even real time.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

I built up 11000 listings and had a strong listing routine of 100 listings daily and drafts ready for days off, 15-30 sales per day depending on days, consistent. Have sold over 6000 items in the past 3 years on here. BUT the past 12 months have been brutal. FEES have beat the heck out of me, wonky inconsistent and sporadic traffic clearly from the algorithm and TONS OF GLITCHES have had me remove 7000+ listings and just start slinging them for MASSIVE discounts at local flea markets just to survive! Now I have 3000 ish items up and I am going to be winding this down. Back to my older business, which I am set to revive. Real sad but it is what it is. BTW guys: the eBay stock price has zero to do with actual profit and revenue. It's primary concern is not the real economy known as "main street". Wall street dominates it, they can borrow money at massive amounts and buy back their stock to artificially increase the price. They can place bets on derivatives.  And of course, like everyone else, they depend on the Federal reserve.

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Impressions influence page views and impressions have historically been driven from Google. There are two types of crawls that occur, the free kind and the paid kind. The paid kind come in two flavors usually CPM and CPC. 

Google is notorious for frequently changing how their secret patented indexing works and offer almost zero visibility into how it works THIS week. I have in my career tested, run and debugged keyword bidding platforms that drove eCommerce site traffic both buying and reselling ad traffic.

Sometimes a 'release train' for feature changes inadvertently 'poisons' the cache of crawled pages or causes the index stream job to get stuck. This can be a *#$&* to debug and catch up. 

Just some context for those who think there is intent at play. When this happens, I remember many round the clock datacenter shifts working to resolve the issue. People get demoted. Vendors lose contracts, etc.

If you see impressions fall off the cliff, report it to the support team. If the issue is real I am sure they were aware before you were via SiteCatalyst metrics that setoff alarms and scrambled IT teams.

Best wishes.

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

The body I had at 18 with the brain and experience I have now would be awesome.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 60
latest reply

@nichtr_78 wrote:

Have sold over 6000 items in the past 3 years on here. BUT the past 12 months have been brutal. FEES have beat the heck out of me

Last three years? So you are using the giant Covid bump as a benchmark? and now that normality (actually lower than usual normality given the current economic situation). How are your sales compared to 2018/19?

Fees have gone up in the past 3 years but only by a small amount, 1 - 2 points. If that has beat the heck out you then you must be doing something wrong. I looked at a bunch of your listings, looks like product you paid pennies for (if that) so how could a a few extra pennies per item give you any trouble?

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

Have sold over 6000 items in the past 3 years on here. BUT the past 12 months have been brutal.

I agree that most sellers have seen a drop in 2022 and 2023.

Because there was a huge surge in online buying in 2020 and 2021.

If it is possible,comps should be made with the same month in 2022, 2019 ,and 2018.

My sales are off from 2021, but normal for January to March* for earlier years

A Canadian seller has begun a study of his older stale lots. He has been aggressively sending out Offers to Watchers and Viewers at 10% or more and using PL at the 2% minimum on other very similar lots.

So far.....

Sigh, PL at a cost of 2% gets more sales than discounting to customers at 10%.

He warns that this is still a work in progress and he's not ready to present statistics yet.

YMMV

*Unlike many categories, my sales have always been strongest in January through March. This includes sales in our (now closed by retirement)B&M shop. December for us was always the dead zone.

Message 12 of 60
latest reply

Have sold over 6000 items in the past 3 years on here. BUT the past 12 months have been brutal.

I agree that most sellers have seen a drop in 2022 and 2023.

Because there was a huge surge in online buying in 2020 and 2021.

If it is possible,comps should be made with the same month in 2022, 2019 ,and 2018.

My sales are off from 2021, but normal for January to March* for earlier years

A Canadian seller has begun a study of his older stale lots. He has been aggressively sending out Offers to Watchers and Viewers at 10% or more and using PL at the 2% minimum on other very similar lots.

So far.....

Sigh, PL at a cost of 2% gets more sales than discounting to customers at 10%.

He warns that this is still a work in progress and he's not ready to present statistics yet.

YMMV

It will be interesting to see how he manages to separate what sold as a direct result of using PL and what sold or would have sold with an organic listing. Difficult if not impossible assessment.

Message 13 of 60
latest reply

Throttling sales?    LOL

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 14 of 60
latest reply

Not a problem, I dumped my Ebay stock last summer and it is just about low enough to buy it back now

Message 15 of 60
latest reply