cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE of BUYER

Buyer bid and won two items. He wanted to combine shipping. No problem. However when combined I needed to add insurance to protect myself and buyer. Buyer gave negative feedback for one item and positive feedback but negative comment on the other. I explained to buyer about the situation and price combining and insurance. He didn't care if it was insured. I did. No complaint about item or speedy shipping. Only unhappy because I added the extra shipping. No doubt he was going to try and screw me.  ebay refused to remove feedback.  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

BEWARE of BUYER

maybe you missed the part where ebay says you cant add $$ for insurance

you can charge as much as you want for postage or shipping but not insurance

buyers do not need insurance.ebay does not want buyers being charged for it since it has no benfit to them

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

@hawk_1745 

You can't add the cost of insurance after the sale?

If you want to add insurance, you pay for it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

Insurance is for the seller.   General accounting rule Is buyers never pay insurance fees.  Delivering the item is strictly your (the seller's) responsibility.   The buyer is not concerned with how you ship it or if its insured or not because it it the sellers responsibility to see that the item was delivered.    If it gets lost or stolen, all the buyer has to do is make one call to ebay, " i didnt get it"  and then you either have to refund his money or ship it again.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

@hawk_1745 You aren't allowed to charge for insurance yet you did. Insurance is only protection for the seller. There is no reason for eBay to remove that feedback. Buyers are allowed to express an opinion, which is what that is. Besides you got lucky they only left you one negative and not for both items. Your response back doesn't make you come across very well either, so you should have let this go. You may turn away more potential buyers now. Best of luck to you....

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

You should have already had insurance as it comes with the shipping automatically. You should not agree to combine shipping then add extras after the fact.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

2 Sales 

I 'd get a bit confused too  

sorry to the seller 

just protecting items in transit 

Maybe a Brainfart is to Blame 

Thanks to all the Ebay Trust!!!

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

Dont blame the buyer, he doesnt need insurance, you do. The buyer is protected with Ebays money back guarantee.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

@hawk_1745 wrote:

I needed to add insurance to protect myself and buyer.

Your buyer is correct in not wanting to pay for insurance.

Buyers are already protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

The insurance you charged him was to protect you, not him.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

BEWARE of BUYER

Has the OP even been back or did they seagull?

@hawk_1745 

I hope you do return to the thread and read the advice everyone has given you.

You will have problems in the future if you don't heed the advice about Insurance..

Sellers pay for insurance not buyers.

Only sellers can collect on the Insurance from the shipping service.

Only sellers can communicate with the shipping service about a claim.

Even if an item is not insured, the seller MUST ensure the item gets to the buyer undamaged or you will have to refund. 

So, as posted by others insurance is for YOU, the seller's benefit NOT your buyer. 

You can have your buyer pay for insurance, you just can't tell them that. You have to work it into the cost of your shipping fees. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 10 of 10
latest reply