Did you mean: 

Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

What's up with that ?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

@luckythewinner wrote:
 ... There have been numerous posts on this board over the past couple years complaining that the "ask a question" link was hard to find when it was at the bottom of the screen - and should be moved to the top.  So I guess they cannot please everyone. .... 

That's for sure.

I was glad when it got moved to the bottom of the listing, because it forced buyers to at least scroll past the Description even if it couldn't force them to read it.  The move significantly reduced the rate of unnecessary  messages asking for  information that was already  included in the Description.

Message 31 of 89
latest reply

vw
Thrill-Seeker

If you need to ask me a question hit the "CONTACT SELLER" button right below my eBay ID.

or

They could just call me and ask the question

Message 32 of 89
latest reply

@flipper2flipper wrote:

I just changed my browser from Explorer to Firefox.

I am using a desktop PC.

With Explorer, I had to ZOOM OUT to 75% for the Seller Information Box to appear.

With Firefox, no matter how much I ZOOM OUT, the Seller Information Box is NOT there ..... and the Ask Seller a Question is not at the bottom of the page either.

Exactly. The seller information box is not there. I am on a desktop using 'Fox.  I even went to Edit/Find and searched the word contact. The only places it shows up are for eBay Help & Contact at the top and bottom of the page.

Here is the listing I was looking at.  If anyone can take a screen shot if they see something different, please do. 

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 33 of 89
latest reply

They're apparently doing a lot of tinkering.  While some of us can't find ASQ or Contact Seller, look at this little gem that showed up at the bottom of a listing I just looked at.  But, hey, they're not trying to be like Amazon.  Nope.  That's what they keep saying.  Actions speak louder than words...

questions.jpg

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 34 of 89
latest reply

@flipper2flipper  Having read this thread and many of the replies and checking some listings it does appear that eBay has changed the Ask a question functionality by opting people in to the new Ask a question to other members about an item all the way at the bottom of the listing ... BUT, clicking on that may or may not have an option to ask the actual Seller and may be to ask others general questions about an item.  The Contact seller choice is still up in the little Seller information window, upper right hand corner as someone already pointed out.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 35 of 89
latest reply

@flipper2flipper  Here's a pic to go with my last post ...

Screenshot (958).png

Regards,
Message 36 of 89
latest reply

@mr_lincoln

It must be on a gradual roll-out or something.  I hate when they pull this junk without letting anyone know.  It's even worse when they do it halfway and everyone is looking at something different. 

Message 37 of 89
latest reply

Mine still doesn't show either place....I wonder if the "ask a question" is now ONLY for Store members, Top rated plus, or other specialty members. Or maybe, just maybe the little one person operation is left for the last to be changed.
Message 38 of 89
latest reply

@marilyn6122 wrote:
Mine still doesn't show either place....I wonder if the "ask a question" is now ONLY for Store members, Top rated plus, or other specialty members. Or maybe, just maybe the little one person operation is left for the last to be changed.

I don't know, but the two I looked at were from the same seller with different results, except neither one had a place to contact the seller.  She is a TRS with a store. 

No wonder why there is always so much confusion around here.

Message 39 of 89
latest reply

@llllady, @marilyn6122

@llllady wrote:

@marilyn6122 wrote:

I don't know, but the two I looked at were from the same seller with different results, except neither one had a place to contact the seller.  She is a TRS with a store.  

No wonder why there is always so much confusion around here.

True enough on the confusion part.  I remember reading some of the new Ask members a question thread(s) and I believe the Ask question at the bottom of the listing goes to "Select" sellers.  The Contact Seller at the top of the listing is a little obscure and if they changed to "Ask the Seller a Question" it might be better than "Contact" the Seller ... but that's just my opinion.  I did get a question from a Buyer this morning and if they wind up purchasing I might message the and ask if they used the Contact Seller at the top of the page.

Wonder what it looks like on a mobile device?

Regards,
Message 40 of 89
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:
 ... I believe the Ask question at the bottom of the listing goes to "Select" sellers. ...

I'm pretty sure that the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of the listing has appeared on ALL listings for several years ... until this week's tinkering.

The "*All questions will be publicly shared" is going to be a disaster.  I get questions all the time with personal information, sometimes just the member's first name as a signature, other times TMI.  And of course there will be the stupid and irrelevant questions junking up the area.

Message 41 of 89
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@flipper2flipper wrote:

I just changed my browser from Explorer to Firefox.

I am using a desktop PC.

With Explorer, I had to ZOOM OUT to 75% for the Seller Information Box to appear.

With Firefox, no matter how much I ZOOM OUT, the Seller Information Box is NOT there ..... and the Ask Seller a Question is not at the bottom of the page either.

Exactly. The seller information box is not there. I am on a desktop using 'Fox.  I even went to Edit/Find and searched the word contact. The only places it shows up are for eBay Help & Contact at the top and bottom of the page.

Here is the listing I was looking at.  If anyone can take a screen shot if they see something different, please do. 

Desktop PC, Win10, Firefox and Opera both show the same

5314d4d3b257a613acfad76841edac2f

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 42 of 89
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Desktop PC, Win10, Firefox and Opera both show the same

Also looks just like  like that using Safari on a Mac.

Message 43 of 89
latest reply

@mr_lincoln

I'd have been happy to have ANY of those things on the pages I looked at.  Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Niet.

Message 44 of 89
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Not gone over to the right in the box and says contact seller...

I'm not seeing it, not there.

Message 45 of 89
latest reply