cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are your sales through the roof now that ebay is advertising??

I saw a couple of ebay ads on TNT this morning (Sun), they are not half bad.

But, I just got back from seeing Spiderman (save your money, it reeks.  The easter egg at the very end is the best part of the movie) and it grossed 200 million dollars in two weeks and yes - there's an ebay ad just before the trailers kick in.

So with all this exposure, everybodies sales have got to be going up.  Right?

Now where is that sarcasm font?

(*Bleep*)
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Are your sales through the roof now that ebay is advertising??

Awesome over here! Zero yesterday and one today! sob

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pushing sellers to sell new product so much that new items are now 80% of eBay's listed inventory. I beleive it I have to swim through it to find what I am looking for most of the time.  If I wanted New Items , Ebay is the last place I would look for it.

Message 47 of 73
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Pushing sellers to sell new product so much that new items are now 80% of eBay's listed inventory. I beleive it I have to swim through it to find what I am looking for most of the time.  If I wanted New Items , Ebay is the last place I would look for it.

They want to be Amazon really bad. They need to put that fantasy too rest.

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

Pushing sellers to sell new product so much that new items are now 80% of eBay's listed inventory. 

I'm not paying much attention but if new items are 80% of ebay's listed inventory, as much as we may want it to happen, ebay isn't going to spend money on marketing/advertising preowned items.  

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 49 of 73
latest reply

I have not seen or heard any of the new commercials either and I watch TV or have it on most of the time. I have it on a lot of different stations too. But maybe if ebay would advertise as much as Sparkling Ice does,  they would no longer be bland. How about Let It Go? If I had a smart phone, that is where I would go to sell. But wait, they were showing it so much and for so long, I was really getting burnt out. Anyway, ebay ads are not helping my sales. My no sales are getting worse with every month. Now it has been 8 days since my last sale. Only sold 5 this month. It's just pathetic. I had to borrow money from my sister to refund a return last week. It wasn't very much, but I didn't have enough in my paypal acct. to cover it. Still no sale to pay her back.

Ebay, don't want to make it tough.... I just want to tell you that I've had enough....It might sound crazy but it ain't no lie....Bye, Bye, Bye

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

i agree my sales have completely tanked it is the worst its ever been in all the years ive sold here

Message 51 of 73
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@vintagecraze50

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

YAY!!!!!!  Mr Lincoln!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you everyone, no applause please, just throw money! 

@mr_lincoln

Here ya go...but maybe next time you should be more specific....

chinese_money_getty_1160.jpg

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 52 of 73
latest reply

I would have given him monopoly money 😉 

Message 53 of 73
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

Pushing sellers to sell new product so much that new items are now 80% of eBay's listed inventory. 

I'm not paying much attention but if new items are 80% of ebay's listed inventory, as much as we may want it to happen, ebay isn't going to spend money on marketing/advertising preowned items.  

And if they care so little about that other claimed 20% of their business, then they shouldn't be taking money away from TRS sellers in the vintage and used areas, and they shouldn't be raising their selling fees for store owners who sell in those areas.

Doesn't seem quite right when you say it out loud, now, does it?

And I don't know where eBay is showing all of these ads. I watch a lot of T.V., mainly at night, and I have seen just 1 ad since they started the television ads.  Maybe they can't afford to advertise in the NY Metro area? 

(OMG...spell check doesn't recognize the word watch!)

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 54 of 73
latest reply

right now-I am down 59% from same period last year--june ended down 68% from last year--I dont see any bump from the ads

Hoping everyone does better in the coming weeks

Message 55 of 73
latest reply

@llllady, @ersatz_sobriquet  REF: Money

Ha ha !  Good one both of you! 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 56 of 73
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

I would have given him monopoly money 😉 

Which is probably worth more.

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

I'm surprised that anyone who watches tv hasn't seen all the ebay ads. I thought they were everywhere on every channel! I usually have HGTV, E!, ID, TLC on, at least in the background, most days. I really liked the Beth Ditto one a few months back, and since it's about fashion and accessories, which is what I used to sell years ago, and have way too much and should sell again, it kind of got me back here looking around to see what is new, and whether it might be a good idea to sell again. Still a little iffy on that.

This is the ad.

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

My sales are not that bad for July, but my cancellations are extra high because eBay shows other similar listings after buyers make payment.

Message 59 of 73
latest reply

Spent quite a bit of time the last few days pricing 200 items.  Search is still difficult compared to other online shopping.  The # of solds on any given item is still puny when looking at the # of completed listings that didn't sell.  Redirect from basic search requests still what they chose to do here.  Ads can't fix that.

I noticed a problem on Etsy too for search. Many of my searches brought up specific results but when opened - the item had sold or a redirect item came up.  

Message 60 of 73
latest reply